Re: Other Shoe Had To Drop

Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:35 pm

Yikes, 'if it's not one thing, it's another' was only meant for the little tribulations in life....

Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:44 pm

Prayers continue from the Ozarks.

Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:53 am

More prayers heading your way, Rudi.

Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:26 pm

Rudi, you and your family will remain in my prayers. I wish for you a good recovery.
Berlin

Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:25 pm

Our Prayers are on the way too Rudi! Praying for a good report.

Ron & Paula

Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:22 pm

hello again rudi from the deep south. you are now certainly on our prayer list . have faith , god willing, all will be well . val

Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:48 pm

RUDI I pray for you to have the same luck Bev had with Lymphoma. She is 15 years clear. It was one heck of a battle. Doctor put her on an 8 hour 3 drugs and as many bags of saline solution every 3 weeks deal. Before the 2nd treatment a blood test showed bladder damage from the drugs, evidently a common occurrence with that particular combo. Well he went to the NIH and cancer institute and they said there is a less preferred combo for her cancer but that a 4th drug had to added to prevent bladder damage. He was alert enough to ask about using the 4th to protect her bladder with the preferred 3. After much hemming and hawing it ended up good thinking doctor. Bev was the first in the world to use that particular combo. After 8 months of 8 hours every 3 weeks there was a 3 month period of no treatment and then another 6 months on a new group of drugs. Lost her hair and had many days of discomfort but she is alive and kicking 15 years later.
One problem is that the drugs slowed her ability to make white blood cells. The standard fix for that is shots at the same time every day for 10 days in a row. When Bev was a kid she lived in a first and second generation Italian neighborhood. All the Grand mas thought she was a cute kid and when making soup would remove a bone and scoop out the marrow and feed her a treat. During her chemo she made bone marrow soup and had a cup every day. She flavored it many different ways but it always contained big beef marrow bones on the theory that it would have the precursors her body could need to build it own marrow and white blood cells. It worked well for her. Some of the others receiving chemo with her tried the marrow soup and no longer needed the daily shots either.
Best I can say is to follow her good example and get well.

Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:52 pm

Rudi stay positive and stay strong, no matter what your report is stay upbeat and keep being your self.

Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:28 pm

V and I were just saying a week or so ago that you seem to be one of those folks whom trouble finds. And now this. Hard to know what to say, except the Lord be with you along with your forum friends, of which I am proud to call myself.

Please keep us posted. We are with you!