Big Snow Storm

Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:07 am

Ya'll in the Ohio River Valley and Northeast be careful today and tomorrow. Another big snow storm headin' your way.

Re: Big Snow Storm

Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:16 am

It's already here.

Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:25 am

It hasn't hit Pittsburgh yet, but it will be here real soon.

Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:30 am

The Columbus TV weather said the worst is predicted to be N W of Columbus, guess that means right here! I don't really think the snow is such a big deal but it's going to be windy, so lots of blowing.

Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:39 am

Just rain in Louisville so far....but it's coming :(

Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:22 pm

This one will be nothing compared to the one on the way for this the weekend we are expecting 10" more snow with blizzard like conditions on Saturday evening and -15 on Sunday. DSCF can't get here soon enough

Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:27 pm

Only got a little over an inch here. Used my leaf blower to clean my driveway.

Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:26 pm

A little over an inch near Pittsburgh, but windy and cold

Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:05 pm

Here is our snow prediction for Sat. night into Sunday, along with record lows. We are in the middle of the 6-10 band, just above the F in Farmington.

Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:13 pm

We got around 10 inches. 4 degrees, this morning, and high was 15. Below zero, forecast for tonight. Wind chill, below -20 degrees.
Ed

Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:25 pm

We got about 6". Even with handwarmer packets in my insulated gloves my fingers still got cold while plowing with the Cub.
Saturday morning is supposed to be -10 F. Right now it is '0'.
Both woodstoves going full bore burning red oak.
Getting ready to sit down to a bowl of turkey soup and biscuits.

Peter

Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:50 pm

This is our 1st Nor'easter of 2014 and our 8th since the snow first hit the ground in October. We have almost 6 feet down up until this one, it was -30C last night with windchills in and around -40. It has warmed up a bit, right now it is -20C with windchills of -32C. Basically a typical Maritime winter but it really is a bit colder on average than has been the last few years.

I cannot go downstairs to make fires, so Em kinda has that duty along with cleaning the deck. Think I am going to have to hire that job out ... especially for this big stuff. Either way we are snug as a bug in a rug. If we lose power well that is no biggie either. Em and I finally got the Generator backup all ready - lit is covered/sheltered under the deck, PVC conduit to the shore/ship switch and sub panel. Furnace blowers, lights and most of the outlets in the house are wired in so ... we can be independent as well. I likes that :D

Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:25 pm

Looks like my link no longer works. We have been moved from center of 6-10 band to border between 6-10 and 10-12 bands. Guess I better make sure the cub is gassed.

Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:59 am

The snow here on Fri. wasn't a big deal, as I expected, but man that wind was cold! Yesterday was single digits, all day, but was sunny with almost no wind so not bad at all. I went out to my friend's farm & got a new load of corn, for the stoves, so I'll get some of that into the basement today. The forecast says -18 for Monday, so I need to be ready for it. The snow is supposed to get here tonight, don't know how much we're supposed to get, we'll see!