Rough week

Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:54 pm

I know Red Power is going on cause I had to cancel my trip due unforeseen circumstances. I would sure like to see pictures, that may cheer me up. I got the call Tues evening that I needed to get home as quick as I could that dad had been in an car accident. That is all I knew, I started home rather scared and then 15 mins from home I ran into the road block, the sheriff had it closed, I got really nervous then. I followed the detour and then off in the distance I spotted a red truck ready for tow, I then started sweating and once I got closer I saw it was his truck that was involved in a head on collision. I could not believe it folks and had never been so scared in life for loosing my dad. The truck was a total loss and it can be replaced but dad can't. I jumped back in my truck and headed for the hospital to find dad. I was an emotional reck till I found him in the ER and awake. It has been a long 3 days, and I thought we may loose him on Wed afternoon but I am happy to say he stood up out of bed this morning and was able to sit in a chair. I have never been so relieved in my life. He has several broken ribs from his seat belt and a broken leg but I will take that to keep him alive. When I saw the crash site I really thought that someone had died there it was so bad! I received news today the other person involved will make it through also. This was just a freak accident that could happen to just about anybody.

I want say you never know what is a head of you day to day so please use good judgment and be thankful for all you have because this has really given me a different take on life seeing and witnessing how things can change in the snap of a finger. It hurt like heck to sit there and see dad hooked up to these life saving tubes and breathers but the pain was worth it. I am very lucky to still have my dad with me today and I hope I can get him back home for the 4th of july.

Enjoy, and be safe everyone, can't wait to get to the next show in a few weeks maybe?
Thanks
Jason

Re: Rough week

Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:59 pm

Jason,

Sounds like Dad is going to recover well. Enjoy every minute.

Bill

Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:08 am

I am happy to know that your Dad is recovering and hope his recovery is quick and complete.

Berlin

Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:46 am

Jason, glad he is recovering well. He and the rest of the family have our prayers. Speaking from a personal perspective, something like that is always harder on family and loved ones than on the person involved.

Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:11 pm

You and your family are blessed that it was not any more serious. I'm so glad to hear that everyone will recover. You sound like a great guy that anyone would be proud to call son.

Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:25 pm

Jason, was your Dads wreck on Il, Rt 47 just north of I55 near Dwight Il ? If it was I passed it on the detour also. No doubt Gods hand was present there.

Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:00 am

It was north of Dwight. Was not a pretty scene. Everyone is going to recover and get back to normal.

Thank everyone

Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:49 am

Glad you Dad is supposed to make a full recovery. We will keep him in our prayers.[youtube][/youtube]