My wifes a saint

Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:12 pm

Tomorrow will mark 40 years since my Debbie and I said I Do. (And she was stone sober)! It seems like yesterday that I stood at the Alter of our little church and waited impatiently as it took what seemed like a year for her and her Dad to walk about 40'. Where does the time go? 3 kids and 3 grandkids later, I know I got the "For Better" part of the deal! John

Re: My wifes a saint

Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:21 pm

Congratulations, John and Debbie!!!!

Bill

Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:32 pm

That is a "make me smile" kind of story.. Congrats. John. :{_}: :{_}:

Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:40 pm

Congratulations to you both! I hope you enjoy many more together.

Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:37 pm

Congratulations! We just hit the 42 mark, last week.
Ed

Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:33 pm

On August 7 at 5:15 I as at a restaurant called "Cock of the Walk" having dinner, which was the time 56 years ago that myself and my beautiful bride said " I do"
4 Kids, 11 grandkids and one great grandkid born August 4.

Life is good
Avery

Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:48 pm

Oops: just acquired 3 step grandkids a few months ago. Love them like my own.
Avery

Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:16 pm

AAm wrote:Oops: just acquired 3 step grandkids a few months ago. Love them like my own. Iknow what you mean. Granddaughter is technically a "step" but who cares. She's a great kid (16) and her brother (9) worships the ground she walks on (So do Grandma, Grandpa and her Step-Dad). Debbie told me the walk up the aisle only took about a minute, seemed like 2 hours) I think her memory is slipping! Thanks for all the best wishes. John
Avery

Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:23 am

This year, August 20 is my 20th Anniversary with my lovely wife, Allison. I can't believe that she put up with me this long! Seems just like yesterday and then it seems that we have always been together!

Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:05 pm

John:

Congratulations to both of you on 40 years together. That is hard to do these days. NIce to see couple who love each other enough to work hard at it and make a life together. Family is all we really have .. and you got it all .. :{_}: :D

Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:36 pm

Thanks everyone. Everyday I feel blessed to have a wife who puts up with me. I feel bad for the rest of the world because I'm the luckiest, richest man alive in my book. John