This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Locktite Freeze & Release

Tools and Reviews to help your fellow Cubber's.
Forum rules
Unwarranted FLAME reviews will be deleted without notice. Members are encouraged to exhaust all arbitration efforts with the companies before posting negative reviews here.

FarmallCub.Com and the moderators are not responsible for member reviews of businesses and attractions.

Send issues regarding reviews to Cub@farmallcub.com.
Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original
Circle of Safety: Y

Locktite Freeze & Release

Postby Dennis » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:45 pm

If anyone has used this product, please post your results. It looks interesting, but I like many others want to learn from others personal experiences.

Here is the web site for the product: http://www.loctitefreezeandrelease.com/

Thanks,
Dennis
Image Proud Member
Are you a member? Copy this code below and paste it in your signature to display it proudly!

Code: Select all

[url=http://nationalihcollectors.com/index.html][img]http://farmallcub.com/images/ihcc.jpg[/img][/url]

Circle of Safety Passed the "Circle of Safety" test? Add your signature badge using

[cos][/cos]
What is the Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Re: Locktite Freeze & Release

Postby Bob McCarty » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:57 pm

Dennis, I'm a little embarassed to tell you to use the search function, but, you will find quite a few threads that go back to the first one by Rick Prentice last fall.

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 13830
eBay ID: adak8965

Postby Cecil » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:29 pm

Dennis I used it and love it. I got all 4 screws out of the doglegs on the most recent rebuild. It took 2 shots and a few hits on the screwdriver with a hammer but they turned right out. John Deere started carrying it so I orderd a case for the shelf. Might as well have them foot the bill until I need it. :lol:

Eddie H
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: L5B1C9
Tractors Owned: '48 Cub

Postby Eddie H » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:21 pm

Dennis,

to tell you the truth, I used it on a snow blower, which was sitting outside for ages, don't ask me for how long. Sprayed it for weeks, no way to get the set screw out, drilled the set screw out, still would not move. So what I did, used sister sledge and drove the pulley out. Also, the wheels from the said snow blower I wanted to use for a trailer, cut off the axles, soaked them for 4 weeks, you think they would loosen up, fat chance. Had them on a press, 5 ton, broke the welds. Had a right size of pipe to get it out, still broke it. Maybe we have a tougher environment than you guy's, but it did not help. The spray can was $ 18 Canadian.
Hope you guy's have more luck than I had.

Eddie
if it doesn't fit, make it fit

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Postby Dennis » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:17 pm

rjmac wrote:Dennis, I'm a little embarassed to tell you to use the search function, but, you will find quite a few threads that go back to the first one by Rick Prentice last fall.

Bob

don't be embarrassed, I obviously missed the discussion earlier and did what most people, ask first and search later ;) I would like to see these product reviews in this forum so others (like me too), can find them easier. Always good to know whether or not to waste you $$$ on something that may or may not work.

Thanks,
Dennis

PS: Popular Mechanics has an interesting section on TV Ad Tools put to the test that is very interesting -- including that ShamWow commercial (they liked it by the way). So I see no reason we cannot put some of these shop tools and products to the test for our members too.
Image Proud Member
Are you a member? Copy this code below and paste it in your signature to display it proudly!

[url=http://nationalihcollectors.com/index.html][img]http://farmallcub.com/images/ihcc.jpg[/img][/url]

Circle of Safety Passed the "Circle of Safety" test? Add your signature badge using

[cos][/cos]
What is the Circle of Safety

Miss Farmall
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30102
eBay ID: staasee
Tractors Owned: no Cub : (

Postby Miss Farmall » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:10 pm

just a thought but could you not use liquid nitrogen if it is readily available? also how about the wart removal freezing spray? as another option not sure how pricey this spray is..... know you are gonna revert to old thread but thought i would nemtion this
Just call me coconut... Blonde on the inside!
I'd suggest you just stop talking and walk away lest I forget I was raised to be a lady.

Kodiak
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 30543
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub

Postby Kodiak » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:38 pm

I've tried it and it works OK but I like KROIL better :D Just my 2 cents :!:

ROn
I bought an old tractor all dusty and worn,
knew nothing about her just the year she was born
I washed her and greased her and painted her red
Now she lives happily right here in my shed.

HOME of THE STONETHROW CUBFEST
2007 Cub Tug Champion

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:18 pm

I haven't given up the Kroil yet, but this stuff does seem to work well..... any little bit helps.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Return to “Tool Talk and Reviews”