This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Comfort Inn - Circleville, OH - MAJOR UPDATE

Tools and Reviews to help your fellow Cubber's.
Forum rules
Unwarranted FLAME reviews will be deleted without notice. Members are encouraged to exhaust all arbitration efforts with the companies before posting negative reviews here.

FarmallCub.Com and the moderators are not responsible for member reviews of businesses and attractions.

Send issues regarding reviews to Cub@farmallcub.com.
Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Comfort Inn - Circleville, OH - MAJOR UPDATE

Postby Don McCombs » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:12 pm

TTT
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:19 pm

Don, It's always been my understanding that each entry is recorded, and each key card is coded to the individual posessing it (whether guest, maid, maintenance, etc.). They should know who was in there, when, how many times, and be able to tell you that corrective action (ie, termination) was taken. I think I'll email them and also ask for an explanation.

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:40 am

Bob, that's my understanding also. I think I'm being stonewalled because they screwed up and don't want to admit to it.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

brichter
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32449
eBay ID: Kinardhippy
Skype Name: Billy.Ray.Richter

Postby brichter » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:59 am

Don:

As you know, I was there when this happened. I have emailed the motel company and informed them that till you have been satisfied with an explanation I will not be staying at their motels nor will I recommend anyone else to patronize them. All you guys who stayed there take a minute to email them and let's see if we can make a difference in the service we pay for. Next time, it may be one of us they ransack. I hope this gets them off the butt and makes them contact you and settle it, Don.
If you're gonna dream or steal, do it BIG

The best things in life aren't things.
1951 Cub
1963 Corvair
lots more junk

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:02 am

Bob, Darrell & Billy Ray, I appreciate your support.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

A. K. Trenfor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:15 am

Would you mind refreshing my memory as to what your problems were? The discussion is in this thread, but the what happened does not appear to be.

My son worked as a desk clerk for a large motel a few years ago. The key cards do not have any personal information on them, but they do have a unique designator number, and the computer that activates, deactivates, etc. keeps track of each cards use. One problem is that the same card may be used by several different people on housekeeping, or on maintenance, etc. so knowing exactly who used the card at a specific time may not be possible, especially several days afterward.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:43 am

John, If you'll read Don's "edit" on his original post. Someone entered his room and rearranged his stuff.

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:53 am

For those unfamiliar with the situation, here's the short version...

I returned to my room on Saturday night of the Tug to find someone else's computer and suitcase in my room. My laptop had been opened, turned on and tampered with. I immediately went to the office to report this. The desk clerk followed me up to the room to verify the situation and they moved me to another room. He also supposedly locked out all key cards for that room so that the person would have to go to the desk to get back into the room. As of the time that I checked out on Sunday morning, they said no one had showed up. In later talking to the motel manager, he said that the person somehow got back into the room and collected their stuff. I filed a complaint with the corporate headquarters. The motel manager was supposed to investigate the cause of the security violation. So far I've heard nothing from him, other than the initial phone call inquiry, and it's been over a month. More than enough time to review their computer records to determine what went wrong.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

A. K. Trenfor

Denny Clayton
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45365
Tractors Owned: Home to "Rusty", the 2007 and 2009 Cub Tug Champion.

Postby Denny Clayton » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:45 am

Wow, Don, I hadn't heard of your situation until now. However, we stayed Thursday and Friday nights and checked out of our room on Saturday morning and left for home that evening after dinner. My laptop went with me to Darrell's each day, both for security purposes and in case I wanted to use it during the day. We purposely only left our clothes and toiletries in the room, nothing of much value. After hearing your story I will continue to do this.

It SOUNDS like a simple mistake of renting your room to another party and they monkeyed with your laptop. But the resolution to the problem was mishandled very badly. I've stayed there the last four times and this year was very impressed with the room. Freshly redecorated, clean and a good strong wireless signal. The only thing I didn't like was a slight tobacco smoke smell in the room where the whole section was non-smoking. I figured the bedspread possibly was in a smoking room at one time and didn't all wash out.

Keep us posted so we can decide if we go back there next year.
'61 Lo-Boy
'60 FH Lo-Boy
'60 Lo-Boy
'57 FH Cub "Rusty" (CubTug winner 2007 & 2009)
Member of Ohio Chapter 6
Circle of Safety

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:41 pm

To bring those interested up to date...

I was recently contacted by the motel manager. His explanation was that the desk clerk on duty that night "made a mistake" and has since been fired. Yesterday, I paid a visit to the manager of my local Comfort Inn. I described my experience to him and asked him to comment. Because of the procedural and computer safeguards in place, he said that it was possible to make that kind of "mistake", but very unlikely. The second key would have had to have been made manually. Had it been handled as a new check-in, the computer would have disabled my key. Bottom line is that I'm not buying the Circleville manager's explanation. I'll be staying at the Holiday Inn Express next year.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

A. K. Trenfor

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Postby Boss Hog » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:59 pm

Don, was there any damage or loss as a result of this?
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:08 pm

Fortunately, not.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

A. K. Trenfor

Return to “Tool Talk and Reviews”