This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Sharkbite Connection systems (plumbing)

Tools and Reviews to help your fellow Cubber's.
Forum rules
Unwarranted FLAME reviews will be deleted without notice. Members are encouraged to exhaust all arbitration efforts with the companies before posting negative reviews here.

FarmallCub.Com and the moderators are not responsible for member reviews of businesses and attractions.

Send issues regarding reviews to Cub@farmallcub.com.
Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original
Circle of Safety: Y

Sharkbite Connection systems (plumbing)

Postby Dennis » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:14 pm

I recently (yesterday) had to replace our quickly failing water heater. I did my research as usual and decided it would be a task I could handle, especially when I saw a tip on the Sharkbite water heater connectors. I have done plumbing with copper and have sweated my share of pipes, but it's never fun for me, because I don't enjoy getting burned; like I usually do with a torch and hot dripping solder. I know it's cheaper to solder, but as a non-professional home repair person, save yourself some trouble and time and spend a few extra bucks on these handy inventions. I had the water heater installed in about a hour and hot water in two hours -- not bad for a amateur, if I say so myself.

I can't say enough about how much I like using their products whenever I have to do some pluming work around the house.

http://www.sharkbite.com/usa/

waterheater.jpg

Picture of installation -- note the S in the right (hot) side. This is where the feeds did not match up between the old and new heater. The sharkbite makes for an easy match-up without having to do some screwy soldering work.

PS: I also used their products to install a new sink, faucet and disposer last year and was very impressed then, so I had no qualms about using them on the water heater.
Image Proud Member
Are you a member? Copy this code below and paste it in your signature to display it proudly!

Code: Select all

[url=http://nationalihcollectors.com/index.html][img]http://farmallcub.com/images/ihcc.jpg[/img][/url]

Circle of Safety Passed the "Circle of Safety" test? Add your signature badge using

Code: Select all

[cos][/cos]
What is the Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Motorhead
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 93444
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub
1939 McCormick Deering T-20 orchard crawler

Re: Sharkbite Connection systems (plumbing)

Postby Motorhead » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:55 am

Ditto on the Sharkbite fittings........they are worth the extra money when you're bent over, upside down and cramped.....

Bezirk
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 22843
Tractors Owned: Farmall Cub 1949, Oliver OC3 crawler 1951, Ford 8 N 1948, Oliver 77 Row Crop 1953, JohnDeere, La, 1941, John Deere 4115/w loader, 2004, John Deere stationary power unit LUC, Farmall M, 1946, Oliver 77 Row crop w/ loader

Postby Bezirk » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:56 am

I have been using these connectors for several years, at the recommendation of my son in law, who works maint. in the local hospital. Last week I had a frozen pipe that burst when it thawed,(Pex) pipe. It took me less than a minute to cut a new piece of pipe, removed the bad section and install the new pipe. In my opinion they are great. I also learned tha if you don't have the plastic tool to remove these fittings, just use pliers or I used vice grips and adjusted them down to where they just slid over the pipe and you can release the fitting in a flash and you are ready to install a new pipe
Berlin
I started out with nothing and now I only have half of that left !

Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066

Postby Stanton » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:02 pm

Ditto. Used them about two years ago to replace my water heater. Went in w/o a issue. Also used them when installed a sink in the basement and replace the shutoff valve on my water service entrance. Highly recommend them.
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

BigMatt
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 46163
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub "Moe"
1950 Farmall M
1978 IH 184

Postby BigMatt » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:57 am

The only problem I have had with them is when you need the pipe not to spin. Other than that, they are great!

Joel
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27502
Tractors Owned: 1954 super A-1 6-volt

Postby Joel » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:39 am

I'll add my two sense. Sharkbite is great for repairs especially if you need to connect copper to copper, or cooper to pex but the cost will add up quickly. I recently replaced all the cold water lines on first floor of my house with pex and using crimp rings instead of sharkbites paid for the tool and saved $.
Joel

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:07 am

This is a little off the topic, but it is amazing how much less problems you haw with plumbing, including water heaters if you have a water softener. a couple of notes tough, the water does not taste the same once it goes through one so it is a good idea to plumb the faucet you get your drinking water from around it. the second note is the new salt free ones (seed type softeners) are good for the on demand water heaters but still leave a calcium residue that builds up in the standard hot water heaters.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Tool Talk and Reviews”