This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

It does pay to shop around

Tools and Reviews to help your fellow Cubber's.
Forum rules
Unwarranted FLAME reviews will be deleted without notice. Members are encouraged to exhaust all arbitration efforts with the companies before posting negative reviews here.

FarmallCub.Com and the moderators are not responsible for member reviews of businesses and attractions.

Send issues regarding reviews to Cub@farmallcub.com.
Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe
Circle of Safety: Y

It does pay to shop around

Postby Bill Hudson » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:46 pm

NAPA parts guys are often not given the best reviews by some folks, however, I get great service from them. I needed 4 bearings and the NAPA price $11 and change, each. Local Case-IH dealer $30 and change, each. Guess I'll put NAPA on my speed dial. :D :D

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

KETCHAM
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44645
eBay ID: kevinb2366
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub 48 Cub 50 H

Re: It does pay to shop around

Postby KETCHAM » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:57 pm

Once again it depends on the parts guy.Our NAPA here where I work stinks and I don't call them.One 25 miles from me I depend on them for my vechiles and tractors.I'd rather go a distance than deal with bone-heads.IH ,,,USA???? NAPA where made??? Depends on quality some times also.My HD will only use A2 American wheel brgs.Other fall apart after 3,000 mile.Wish ya a Happy New Year!!!!! Kevin :{_}: :{_}:
47 CUB[Krusty] 49 CUB[Ollie] 50 H-- PLOWS DISCS MOWERS AND lots more stuff!!Life is to short -Have fun now cause ya ain't gonna be here long!!!!

CharlieK
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40165

Postby CharlieK » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:18 pm

napa wheel brgs have the identical part # of the wheel brgs i used to get from hd at 1/3 the cost
get er done; life is good

KETCHAM
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44645
eBay ID: kevinb2366
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub 48 Cub 50 H

Postby KETCHAM » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:24 pm

where arec they made???? HD,,, Brazil,,,not good brgs at all!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
47 CUB[Krusty] 49 CUB[Ollie] 50 H-- PLOWS DISCS MOWERS AND lots more stuff!!Life is to short -Have fun now cause ya ain't gonna be here long!!!!

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:05 pm

The folks at the NAPA near me are very good, BUT they charge list price. They and Auto Zone are the only auto parts places left nearby. There is a NAPA 30 minutes away in Mass. that is much cheaper, but the rule is you gotta pack a lunch to leave the island :lol: .

When I ordered rear axle bearings (last minute thing) I got two different MFG Japanese bearings for the smaller bearings from NAPA. One was very obviously not as well made as the other. They were still more money than TM or a dealer for a Timken bearing. In general, Japan makes good bearings, but I would be hard pressed to do that again.

I will tell you from experience, be wary of Romanian bearings.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Gary Dotson
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43358
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub Diesel (Cubota)
53 Cockshutt 20 restored (Shooter)
52 Cockshutt 20 unrestored
47 Leader "B" (Herckie)
49 Leader "D" (Princess)
49 Leader "D" very rough
48 Leader "D" unrestored
Kubota B6200E
Kubota B6200HST
Kubota B8200HST-D
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Gary Dotson » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:09 am

Our local NAPA is pretty decent, they'll dig through the books to find the stuff I need, but probably won't have it in stock. They don't keep stuff in stock the way they used to, but can have most items the next day. Even with my discount, I think NAPA has gotten pretty pricey, on some items, in the last few years. At least they deliver to my door, saving a lot of trips to town.

Although they don't have the resources (old dusty books) that the NAPA has, our Advance Auto has done pretty well by me. I deal with their commercial sales dept. (the back counter where they hide their best people) and they bend over backward to help me and deliver to me as well.

Roger G.
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43558
Tractors Owned: 7 Cubs
JD 50
JD 3010
Numerous Cockshutts

Postby Roger G. » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:26 am

I have 2 NAPA stores within 8 miles of me and they are both good. As Gary says, if they do not have the parts they will have it the next day. I have an account with both of them, which mean you get a discount on the price. All you have to do is tell them you want an account with them and they will sign you up. I do not charge the parts I buy, I always pay for them when I get them.

Happy New Year to All.
Roger Gillen
Roger Gillen

Return to “Tool Talk and Reviews”