This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Rustoleum Corp. did me right

Tools and Reviews to help your fellow Cubber's.
Forum rules
Unwarranted FLAME reviews will be deleted without notice. Members are encouraged to exhaust all arbitration efforts with the companies before posting negative reviews here.

FarmallCub.Com and the moderators are not responsible for member reviews of businesses and attractions.

Send issues regarding reviews to Cub@farmallcub.com.
Motorhead
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 93444
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub
1939 McCormick Deering T-20 orchard crawler

Rustoleum Corp. did me right

Postby Motorhead » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:56 pm

OK, this is gonna sound like a Rustoleum plug, but I have no stock or connection with them. They did me right. I use their "Regal Red" in a rattle can as a good match for IH red.
First can I bought the propellent ran out leaving about a fourth of the material in the can. No, I didn't do excessive upside down clearing of the nozzel. In fact, I always PULL the nozzel and throw it into acetone until next use.
Well, I bought another can. And wouldn't you know it, about halfway through the propellent begins to fade until no material comes out. Bought a third can......same thing. About a fourth of the material is left in the can when the propellent runs out.
With that I called the 800 number on the can to let them know they may have a QC problem and could adjust the line. I actually got to talk to a live person. After a lengthy Q&A by him, his says he's sending me 6 cans of Regal Red, gratis. I thanked him but said I was just calling to let them know they maybe had a problem on the production line. He said no problem "100% satisfaction guaranteed means just that".
They did me right. Good ole USA company.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Rustoleum Corp. did me right

Postby Barnyard » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:07 pm

If they are anything like the first cans you should end up with about 4 1/2 cans of product out of the six cans. :lol:
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Motorhead
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 93444
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub
1939 McCormick Deering T-20 orchard crawler

Postby Motorhead » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:47 am

>>If they are anything like the first cans you should end up with about 4 1/2 cans of product out of the six cans<<

LOL.....being the frugal person I am, I punched the dead cans, drained the paint, loaded it into my touch-up gun and continued painting.......

I haven't used any of the new ones....

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Matt Kirsch » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:39 am

Rustoleum makes IH red. You usually have to special order it, but they do have it.

Since the local Ace hardware now has Ace brand rattle cans in IH red, I don't even do that...

Return to “Tool Talk and Reviews”