Re: Gas Cans & Replacement Spouts

Wed May 14, 2014 9:00 am

ave been using the Blitz cans and spouts fro several years, and really like the setup for fueling small engines such as tiller, weed wacker, etc. I agree, they are a pain to fill a tractor with though.

Wed May 14, 2014 6:21 pm

I just went to put some biodiesel in a gearbox to flush it..... it's a fairly new 5 gallon yellow container (danged CARB rules). You need to pull a switch back and press a lever, a cumbersome procedure (especially for a 5 gallon can) that always left me whining and complaining about spilling fuel on the side of my truck and needing 3 hands to do it. It's a Blitz.

I understand local pride and surely Lenexa, Kansas is many 'Rhode Islands' away from where the Blitz factory is in Oklahoma.... but No Spill is a far superior product in my opinion.

Wed May 14, 2014 9:16 pm

On that Blitz spout it is easy to remove that switch on the side.

Wed May 14, 2014 9:57 pm

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:On that Blitz spout it is easy to remove that switch on the side.

Thats exactly what I did, I just southern engineered the lever and got it to work like a regular spout.

Thu May 15, 2014 9:45 am

As I said earlier, for small tanks I like the Bltiz spouts, however on a larger tank such as a tractor they are a pain, especially having a bad back. For the tractors or the ZTR (6 gallon tank) I use one of these. Just need a spot to rest it on, as the closer to level, the faster it pumps. Pumps a little over 2 gallons per minute, and runs a long time on 2 AA batteries

http://www.amazon.com/TeraPump-TRHA01-B ... er+pump+aa

the same company makes some that are red and use 2 D cells, but they seem to fail a lot oftener than these do.

Fri May 16, 2014 12:50 am

On my big 5 gallon blitz, I have become an expert on using the safety spout to wedge the can into the fuel hole. The fill hole rim pushes the lever in so I dont have to. SO I just set it and forget it (except watching it to make sure that it dosent overflow).

Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:31 am

John:

Thanks for that tip. I have a lot of difficulty now lifting a 20 liter or 5 gallon gas can. It is almost out of my range of ability as of late. I haven't found anything that would make it easier for me. I am hoping I can get these up here. We will see.. and will update when/if it gets here.

Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:43 am

Rudi, I know you are a hard sell.... but you can use the No-Spill with ONE HAND.

Hopefully I have my friend at Fort Adams to replace those :censored: Blitz cans. Purely painful to fill the brushcutter, they leaked so bad it was just easier to take the nozzle off :evil: .

I did see that TSC had one size No-Spill on the shelf.

They are stout and trail tested by the Buzzard!

Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:35 am

Rudi - I can get a 1.25 gallon one for you locally if needed and I could send it to you. I use the 1.25 for 2-Cycle gas for our line-trimmers, chainsaws and pole-saw. Never spill a drop anymore. I can also get 2.5 gallon ones which we use for lawnmowers and smaller 4-Cycle engines.