This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Recomendation wanted, rear tine walk behind tiller

Tools and Reviews to help your fellow Cubber's.
Forum rules
Unwarranted FLAME reviews will be deleted without notice. Members are encouraged to exhaust all arbitration efforts with the companies before posting negative reviews here.

FarmallCub.Com and the moderators are not responsible for member reviews of businesses and attractions.

Send issues regarding reviews to Cub@farmallcub.com.
torchred89
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 20164
Tractors Owned: 1951 Farmall cub

Re: Recomendation wanted, rear tine walk behind tiller

Postby torchred89 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:48 am

Jackman wrote:An old Horse Troybuilt model is way better than anything made nowadays :!:

:Dito: I have a 1985 Horse Troybuilt model it works great. Friend has the BCS and mine beats it all around.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

danovercash
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28081
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby danovercash » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:53 pm

Last time I was At the scrap yard there were two rear tine tillers on the scrap pile. One was Lowes, not sure about other one. Both had really nice ag tires. Would loved to have a set to load and put on Merry for cultivating.
"I'd rather be a mechanic in the shop"- Henry Ford

252646 & 221525. 195897 (Gone, but not forgotten)

RedBess
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby RedBess » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:57 pm

You actually broke the gears in your rototiller? Or did you get in there and find something else wrong? I owned a machine from Home Depot which worked great, but I jumped ship when I saw Sears had a forward and reversing rototiller. If anyone could bust something its me and other than replacing shear pins (okay, they were 1/4 x 20 grade 8 or 5 bolts with an airline nut) by the handful while locating every stupid rock in my field, I am surprised to read you think you busted your machine and I didn't. What did you eventually do?
bust it? you bet I can!
53 w/ sicklebar mower, dirt & snow plows, potato harvester, potato hiller, 3 types of harrows, and a old fashion hayrack all in ellsworth maine

gpcubboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62362
Tractors Owned: 1952 Farmall Cub "Virgil"
1939 Ford 9N
193 Cub Plow
189 Club Plows
1919 McCormick Deering M gas Engine
Numerous Y's, WI's B&S Engines

Postby gpcubboy » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:45 pm

I have a Bolens front tine bought at Lowes 12 years ago. Replace plug and air cleaner each season drain fuel out of tank each fall. Never had a problem. Ones they sell new today much cheaper made though find a used one. Troybilt was a few years ago built by MTD much cheaper components than prior years. I have a Mantis and love it as well for cultivating also good for breaking ground in small flower beds as well. Bosses wife hit a chunk of concrete with his mantis about 7 year old machine broke shaft. I tore it down replaced shaft cost $20 that was 3 years ago still going and he breaks ground with his machine.

Chris

Return to “Tool Talk and Reviews”