This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Handy gadget for shop vac

Tools and Reviews to help your fellow Cubber's.
Forum rules
Unwarranted FLAME reviews will be deleted without notice. Members are encouraged to exhaust all arbitration efforts with the companies before posting negative reviews here.

FarmallCub.Com and the moderators are not responsible for member reviews of businesses and attractions.

Send issues regarding reviews to Cub@farmallcub.com.
v w
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49053
Circle of Safety: Y

Handy gadget for shop vac

Postby v w » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:32 pm

I used to sweep up as much as I could in my woodshop and then finish with the shop vac. Vac bags were expensive, IMHO, and using it w/o a bag, even with the deflector installed, the saw dust and sanding dust soon plugged the filter. I tried cutting the end of the bag, dumping it and taping it back together. Worked once. The second time the bag apparently plugged for it certainly burst and the filters were plugged. I bought a separator for a shop vac since I liked the one used in the dust collection system. The shop vac is connected to it and the hose for sweeping is hooked to the separator. I think it works real good.
This was purchased from Rockler.com for $70 bucks, lists for $80 but is often on sale. They say it fits any shop vac with 2 1/4 in outlet but it didn't fit mine. It comes with a 4 ft hose to hook together but I wound up using the vacs hose and bought another. Lets me go a long way though. Holds five gallons in a 10 gallon seperator and you can see how much is in it since it is translucent. This could be made easier but you can tell when it reaches the full mark. Vern

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Tool Talk and Reviews”