This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

cylinder ridge reamer

Tools and Reviews to help your fellow Cubber's.
Forum rules
Unwarranted FLAME reviews will be deleted without notice. Members are encouraged to exhaust all arbitration efforts with the companies before posting negative reviews here.

FarmallCub.Com and the moderators are not responsible for member reviews of businesses and attractions.

Send issues regarding reviews to Cub@farmallcub.com.
ScottyD'sdad
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02769
Tractors Owned: 6"F" cubs
5 lo-boys
1 154
1 184
1 IH444
1 Oliver OC3 crawler
1 AC D10
1 IH 100 manure spreader
1 IH model B corn grinder
3 power units
cub demonstrator
Circle of Safety: Y

cylinder ridge reamer

Postby ScottyD'sdad » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:31 pm

I have been looking for a cylinder ridge reamer. Zim #287 seemed to be the item I wanted, 2 to 3 inch bore size. Didn't cut. Steel blade, not carbide. I borrowed a Lisle 336500, which is supposed to be too big, 2 11/16. Cube bore is 2 5/8. The unit fits the bore, fine. A thick, "O"ring type band,around its middle, prevented me from inserting it all the way. I removed the band, and replaced it with a slice of bicycle inner tube. This allowed the tool to fit into the bore, and it worked great. Much heavier construction, than the Zim, and has a carbide cutter. Zim claims to have a carbide cutter, but none seem to exist. I'm going to get one, for myself. ($60 to $100 price range)
Ed
Member of Chapter 18, and National
Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Tool Talk and Reviews”