This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Battery Maintainer

Tools and Reviews to help your fellow Cubber's.
Forum rules
Unwarranted FLAME reviews will be deleted without notice. Members are encouraged to exhaust all arbitration efforts with the companies before posting negative reviews here.

FarmallCub.Com and the moderators are not responsible for member reviews of businesses and attractions.

Send issues regarding reviews to Cub@farmallcub.com.
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Battery Maintainer

Postby Eugene » Wed May 24, 2017 1:03 pm

Schumacher, Mdl SC1, automatic battery maintainer. 12 volt, .75 amp (3/4 amp). Cost just under $10- at Walmart. For lead acid, Gel, and AMG batteries.

Been using it for 4 days on large batteries and one each 10 AH battery. Works fine, automatically shuts off when battery is fully charged.

Reason I purchased it was that the 10 AH battery for a gen set would not fully charge using my digital battery charger and I smashed the battery charger that came with the generator set the battery belongs on. Put the 10 AH battery on the maintainer, charged the battery up.
I have an excuse. CRS.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Re: Battery Maintainer

Postby Eugene » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:29 pm

So impressed with the battery maintainer that I purchased two more.
I have an excuse. CRS.

tst
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12514

Postby tst » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:50 pm

tractor supply sells one for under $20, it can tell if it is 6 or 12 volt and selects it, no buttons or switches, so it can do both with one maintainer

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Eugene » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:56 am

I no longer have any 6 volt machines. All have been converted to 12 volt. Sold the 6 volt Ford pickup several years ago.

Initial reason I purchased the battery maintainer was that the replacement battery charger for the generator set was $40 and change. And then the factory battery charger would only work on the generator set.

The battery on the gen set is very small and expensive. When this battery dies, will do some modification to install a larger and less expensive battery.

I have one skid steer with a snow blade mounted on the bucket. No deep/heavy snow is several years. Only started the skid steer every so often. This battery maintainer should keep the battery fully charged, just in case we get a heavy snow.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Return to “Tool Talk and Reviews”