This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Trailer wheel covers

Tools and Reviews to help your fellow Cubber's.
Forum rules
Unwarranted FLAME reviews will be deleted without notice. Members are encouraged to exhaust all arbitration efforts with the companies before posting negative reviews here.

FarmallCub.Com and the moderators are not responsible for member reviews of businesses and attractions.

Send issues regarding reviews to Cub@farmallcub.com.
Winfield Dave
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 17953
Tractors Owned: ......Almost enough.
N3NIK
Circle of Safety: Y

Trailer wheel covers

Postby Winfield Dave » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:42 pm

I recently moved one of my trailers out into the sunlight and wanted to protect the tires.
I found these at HF but was concerned about the fit until I read the reviews and saw they would fit 15 inch wheels.
Qty of 4 for $10 minus 20% off coupon = $8.
https://www.harborfreight.com/4-pc-storm-proof-wheel-covers-61841.html

They fit well - except for the cinder block wheel chocks :lol:

HF wheel covers (1).JPG
HF wheel covers (2).JPG
Dave
"More gold has been mined from the thoughts of men than has been taken from the earth." -- Napoleon Hill

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe

Re: Trailer wheel covers

Postby Bill Hudson » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:44 pm

I think I recognize the trailer.

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

Winfield Dave
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 17953
Tractors Owned: ......Almost enough.
N3NIK

Postby Winfield Dave » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:56 pm

Bill Hudson wrote:I think I recognize the trailer.Bill
Bill, you and Ralph both. :D
Dave
"More gold has been mined from the thoughts of men than has been taken from the earth." -- Napoleon Hill

outdoors4evr
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48370
Tractors Owned: 184

Postby outdoors4evr » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:40 am

I made the mistake of buying my RV wheel covers "to fit" the tire they are covering. In the future, I will buy them one size larger. They do fit, but they fit tightly and after the sun bakes them they seem to shrink. After two years, they look a bit like high-water pants. The bottom 3 inches of the tire are no longer covered.
184 w/ Creeper & 3-Point
IH 3160a Mower
IH Model 15 Tiller
IH-54 Blade

T-Mo
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 63628
Tractors Owned: '40 H
'44 B
'47 Cub
'49 C
54A Blade
42 Woods Mower
Henderson Loader
Cultivators
No. 8 Little Genius 2-12 Plow
IH Running Gear

Postby T-Mo » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:58 am

When I saw the title, I thought, wheel cover as in hub caps. My trailers get used so much, that I doubt if I would use those "wheel covers" much.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:26 am

T-Mo wrote:When I saw the title, I thought, wheel cover as in hub caps. My trailers get used so much, that I doubt if I would use those "wheel covers" much.
I used to have hub caps on my trailer, I really liked the looks when I glanced back. One day I was crossing the old (now replaced) Missouri River bridge at Herman and met a tractor trailer that was riding over the center line. On that bridge that made my lane very narrow, and I left the 2 right trailer hubcaps on the concrete ledge of that bridge. I never bothered to replace them. :censored:
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

T-Mo
5+ Years
5+ Years
'44 B
'47 Cub
'49 C
54A Blade
42 Woods Mower
Henderson Loader
Cultivators
IH Running Gear

Postby T-Mo » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:51 am

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:
T-Mo wrote:When I saw the title, I thought, wheel cover as in hub caps. My trailers get used so much, that I doubt if I would use those "wheel covers" much.
I used to have hub caps on my trailer, I really liked the looks when I glanced back. One day I was crossing the old (now replaced) Missouri River bridge at Herman and met a tractor trailer that was riding over the center line. On that bridge that made my lane very narrow, and I left the 2 right trailer hubcaps on the concrete ledge of that bridge. I never bothered to replace them. :censored:

Every time we cross over the Missouri River at Washington on Highway 47, pulling a trailer, my wife gets very nervous. As those who know and have cross there, the lanes are very narrow to the point I don't see how two semis crossing at the same time in opposite directions don't lose a mirror, or worse. :?

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:59 am

T-Mo wrote:Every time we cross over the Missouri River at Washington on Highway 47, pulling a trailer, my wife gets very nervous. As those who know and have cross there, the lanes are very narrow to the point I don't see how two semis crossing at the same time in opposite directions don't lose a mirror, or worse. :?

I have crossed there (with a gooseneck), don't particularly remember it. Maybe I have blanked it. One that always bothered me was crossing the Black River in Pocahontas, Arkansas. They have now added a second bridge for southbound traffic. The tight lanes aren't as scary when everyone is going the same direction.

T-Mo
5+ Years
5+ Years
'44 B
'47 Cub
'49 C
54A Blade
42 Woods Mower
Henderson Loader
Cultivators
IH Running Gear

Postby T-Mo » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:24 pm

Jim Becker wrote:
T-Mo wrote:Every time we cross over the Missouri River at Washington on Highway 47, pulling a trailer, my wife gets very nervous. As those who know and have cross there, the lanes are very narrow to the point I don't see how two semis crossing at the same time in opposite directions don't lose a mirror, or worse. :?

I have crossed there (with a gooseneck), don't particularly remember it. Maybe I have blanked it. One that always bothered me was crossing the Black River in Pocahontas, Arkansas. They have now added a second bridge for southbound traffic. The tight lanes aren't as scary when everyone is going the same direction.

I believe there is construction for a second bridge over the river at Washington, probably adding more lanes for highway 47. At least I think that's what they're intending to do. I never seen nor search for any information on the project.

Return to “Tool Talk and Reviews”