This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Milwaukee Heated Hoodie

Tools and Reviews to help your fellow Cubber's.
Forum rules
Unwarranted FLAME reviews will be deleted without notice. Members are encouraged to exhaust all arbitration efforts with the companies before posting negative reviews here.

FarmallCub.Com and the moderators are not responsible for member reviews of businesses and attractions.

Send issues regarding reviews to Cub@farmallcub.com.
ricky racer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49120
Circle of Safety: Y

Milwaukee Heated Hoodie

Postby ricky racer » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:33 pm

I've used my new Milwaukee heated hoodie long enough now to publish an honest review. I originally purchased this hoodie to supplement my hunting clothing. I was looking at buying a heavier warmer jacket but really don't like the bulk of heavy jackets. Also the cost of a quality hunting jacket is quite high. The hoodie I purchased on line for $99 with free shipping. Milwaukee offers a heated hoodie and a heated jacket both as a stand alone garment and as a kit with their M12, 2.0 Amp hour Lithium-Ion battery and charger. I purchased mine as a stand alone jacket. Milwaukee was offering a promotional deal with its purchase giving me a chance to choose either a free Milwaukee hat or a free M12 battery. Naturally I chose the battery. I ordered a new charger off of Ebay as well as an additional M12.

After looking at the jacket in my local Rural King store I concluded that a hoodie was probably a better choice due to the much quieter fabric. I wasn't concerned with getting it in any camo pattern because my intent was to use it as a layer so it would be covered anyway and also I would be using it for casual and work as well.

The first couple of times I used it while hunting, either I didn't need to turn it on because I didn't get cold or I turned it on just to try it out. However, Thanksgiving morning I got dressed and headed out to the woods but misjudged the weather by quite a bit. The day previous the temps were in the low to mid 30's with winds around 20 mph. That day I wore my base layer (long undies), the Milwaukee hoodie and a wool sweater with wind block from Cabela's. I stayed comfy only turning the hoodie on to the middle setting (it has a high, medium and low setting) later in the morning when the wind started to erode the warmth and the cold started to creep in. The heated hoodie warmed right up and kept me comfortable. Thanksgiving morning the temps dropped to the low to mid 20's with winds in the 20-25 mph range. Somehow I missed that and dressed exactly the same as I had the day before. Surely another layer was needed as I was to find out while hanging from a tree with my bow.

Once I climbed into the tree I noticed that I seemed to be chillier that I thought I should be. I assumed that I had worked up a sweat getting to my stand. Usually the sweat doesn't take that long to dry due to the synthetic under garments wicking action and quick drying properties. I assumed I in a few minutes I'd be dry and warm right up. But that didn't happen. I was a little chilly and it only got worse. I didn't plan on turning on the hoodie for a couple hours but I needed to turn it on right away. Milwaukee claims the hoodie will heat for up to 6 hours which I'm sure is on the lowest setting. I turned the hoodie on to the medium setting while it was still dark out. Right away I could feel the warmth across my back and chest. My arms were still chilly but with my core area warm it made the sit bearable. I was able to stay on stand fairly comfortably until 10 o'clock and only headed in because we had company coming for Thanksgiving dinner at 1 o'clock and my wife wanted a little help (that's all I am is just "a little help") before they got there. Without the heated hoodie I don't think I could have stayed on stand much after daybreak.

The hoodie puts out a lot of heat on the medium setting and really puts out heat on the high setting. The low setting puts out a low amount of heat and I will sometime switch from medium to low once I'm warmed up. Having a second battery in my pack gives me the option of all day heat if I'm in the field all day long. I'm sure the hoodie will get a lot of use this winter while I'm on the tractor plowing snow. I'd highly recommend the Milwaukee Heated Hoodie. It's really well made and feels like a high quality garment. It's machine washable and dry-able. I'm sure the heated jacket is top notch as well.

1929 Farmall Regular
1935 John Deere B
1937 John Deere A
1941 John Deere H
1952 John Deere B
1953 Farmall Cub

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Re: Milwaukee Heated Hoodie

Postby Barnyard » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:09 pm

Thanks Rickie, I was thinking about one of these but all my Milwaukee tools are 18 volt and it would make more sense for me to wait and hope they make those available so I can use the batteries as a dual purpose item.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

ricky racer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby ricky racer » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:15 pm

Barnyard wrote:Thanks Rickie, I was thinking about one of these but all my Milwaukee tools are 18 volt and it would make more sense for me to wait and hope they make those available so I can use the batteries as a dual purpose item.

You can do that...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_A24IusQ8M
1929 Farmall Regular
1935 John Deere B
1937 John Deere A
1941 John Deere H
1952 John Deere B
1953 Farmall Cub

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:01 pm

Very interesting. I wondered if Milwaukee approved that upgrade that so I checked their site. Apparently they do since they advertise the 18v power source as compatible to their 12v hoodie.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

ricky racer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby ricky racer » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:44 am

An 18v battery would be pretty heavy to carry around though, I'd bet...
1929 Farmall Regular
1935 John Deere B
1937 John Deere A
1941 John Deere H
1952 John Deere B
1953 Farmall Cub

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:57 pm

When I saw heated hoodie I thought of someone in north St. Louis wearing a hoodie with a gun inside it. :?
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Ken (48 Cub)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40023
Tractors Owned: 1948 FCub
1957 LoBoy

Postby Ken (48 Cub) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:08 pm

My BIL has the Milwaukee heated coat and he loves it...
Ken, Annie the '48.

I think we gotter if'n she don't jump, Andy Griffith.

ricky racer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby ricky racer » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:17 pm

If you would plan on buying a hoodie or jacket, size it to fit closely to your body and don't plan on getting it large enough to allow additional layers. You need the heating elements as close to your body as possible. Layer over it, not under it.
1929 Farmall Regular
1935 John Deere B
1937 John Deere A
1941 John Deere H
1952 John Deere B
1953 Farmall Cub

Donegal Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Donegal Cub » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:23 am

That heated garment looks like a great bit of clothing to wear underneath the leathers on a motorbike in the cold winter weather Ricky,
Bernard,
Donegal Cub.

Pfranck331
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 61201
eBay ID: Greaceandgasoline
Tractors Owned: IH 154 Cub LoBoy 1972

Postby Pfranck331 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:03 pm

I purchased one of these last Sring to extend my riding season, partly because I had spare batteries fro my now defunct drill.
It worked for less that 5 minutes, I had to return it. They didn't have another one in my size.

:evil: :oops: :shock:

Return to “Tool Talk and Reviews”