This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Suggestion About the Tractor Registry

How do I.... ?
Brandon Webb
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40741
Tractors Owned: 1957 Farmall Cub High Crop
1969 International 140
1975 International Cub

Cub 174 Planter with Row Markers
Cub 201 Planter with Row Markers
No. 27 Corn and Pea Attachments
No. 12 Rotary Weeder Attachment
Pittsburg Carry-Lift
Brookfield Buzz Saw
IH McCormick Seed Plate Test Stand

Suggestion About the Tractor Registry

Postby Brandon Webb » Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:23 pm

Found the tractor registry on this site. It is real hard to look at and doesn't contain alot of good information. Has anyone ever thought about re-tooling it to make it more user friendly. Maybe sort it by years where you could click on a 1950 cub and see a list of the numbers known, and then maybe have the owners name, address, and email or phone, so someone could contact them. Say you see someone owns an old cub you used to own and you want to buy it off them, but they just posted their name and that their tractor was red. Does anyone agree with me. Just an idea. Maybe this would help cub owners who live so close to each other get together. Thanks Brandon.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:41 pm

Hey Brandon...I think you've got a good suggestion. If we could have the tractor registration listed by Model...Year...State...Owner (and have each be cross-referenced) that might serve the purpose you're trying to come up with? :wink:
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

Brandon Webb
10+ Years
10+ Years
1969 International 140
1975 International Cub

Pittsburg Carry-Lift
Brookfield Buzz Saw

Postby Brandon Webb » Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:02 pm

I just love this website, I stay on it all day. I just would like to know what other tractors are out there. I have an early 47, according to the registry there is about the 75th cub built within 200 miles of my house. But you don't know the guys name, or contact information. I would love to see it, maybe own it if it's for sale. I don't know who runs this website but I hope they see my suggestion and try to make it more user friendly. This is the greatest website with the greatest bunch of people behind it, tractor people. Hope everyone understands my posting and doesn't take it wrong. Thanks Again Brandon.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:08 pm

I have been trying to get it organized for the past year... but it is kind of difficult.

I do not think that anyone realized how big this would get. I am sure no one ever thought that there would be 1900 members 3 years ago. It was quite useful at that time, but right now it isn't any longer.

I am using Access to manipulate the data.. but it is difficult especially as many do not include the correct information.

Here is what we have so far. When you click on the Register Your Cub link, this page appears with the following fields to enter the indicated data.

Owner's Name:
    Year:
    Model (Lo-Boy, Cub, Cadet etc....):
    Color(eg. Red, Yellow, White):
    Serial #'s:
    Casting #'s:
    Email Address:
    Location/Region:
    Year Acquired:
    Price paid:
    Implements:
    Comments:

So far many people do not even fill out the fields correctly which really causes a lot of problems in sorting the data. If for instance one enters the year in the comments box, then it cannot be sorted properly because it cannot be found.

And here is another problem. I finally got most of the manipulation figured out in Access.. (still difficult), but as soon as another entry is made, it all goes askew.

Now if you view the Registry, and it is sorted by YEAR... we can see how the entries look. If you do not enter the year and serial number, it is gonna be difficult as blank entries are viewed as coming before any number.

Registry

As you can see the first two entries skew the results because the data is not correct. And there are 1122 entries and I can guarantee you that there are a lot, and I do mean a lot of duplicate entries. (I have been culling them)

The fix will come, patience is the key. Dennis has a lot on his plate, especially this year, and I have not been able to do an awful lot this past year due to my health problems. Hopefully over the next few months, I will be able to get most of it sorted agan and we will see what happens.

Hang in there Brandon, it will get there.. as our Momma's told us when we was kids - Paitience is a virtue...

I am going to ask Dennis for another upload of the file and will try to get it done in a few days. Then.. while I am updating it, maybe we can turn off the registry for that short period. Now that I understand how to fix it, it won't take that long.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Brandon Webb
10+ Years
10+ Years
1969 International 140
1975 International Cub

Pittsburg Carry-Lift
Brookfield Buzz Saw

Postby Brandon Webb » Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:10 pm

I would just like to be able to click on 1947 and it show all (registered) 1947's in serial number order. Then maybe click on serial number XXX and it show the owners name, and contact info. So I think it would only help our hobby. I know some people don't want to sell their cubs and that's fine. I think if someone wants your cub it just increases it's value, can't hurt anything. Think of all the new friends and conversations that would come from this. Say I want to ask the owner of an early 47 cub if his cub has a certian casting for example. Just an idea, Let me know what everone thinks. Thanks Brandon.

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:12 pm

Brandon - your host for this site is Dennis Raney who lives in MO. He has mentioned in the past that he would like to revise the registry. Please understand that he has a very demanding job and does not get to dedicate as much time to the site as he would like. If you are patient, some day there will be some changes. I believe Rudi was going to take a look at the registry in his spare time as well.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Brandon Webb
10+ Years
10+ Years
1969 International 140
1975 International Cub

Pittsburg Carry-Lift
Brookfield Buzz Saw

Postby Brandon Webb » Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:17 pm

Thats great. If I can help in any way, I will. Just let me know what I can do. What interest me the most is the history behind the Cubs. I would love to do my part.

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:13 pm

I have never been able to use the registry page. The last time I tried was about a year ago until just now again. I get to the page but after waiting 4-minutes for it to fully open I gave up. I clicked on the register your Cub link and that opens but I have never tried to register My 4-Cubs.
Then came Bronson

meandmydeere
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49345
Tractors Owned: 1937 John Deere "B"
1941 John Deere "LA"
1947 John Deere "D"
1952 John Deere "B"
1949 John Deere "A"
(2) 1970 John Deere "70" L/G
1971 Case 442 L/G
1953 Farmall Cub
1962 Farmall Cub Lo Boy
w/Wagner loader
assortment of plows. disk,harvestors.

Postby meandmydeere » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:34 pm

I don't have alot of time any given day so I breeze through everything. Here is my suggestion. Take a look at YTmag and see how they have laid out the sidebar for links.
I don't think YTmag has all the answers and since that was the only site I watched for some time, I do like it because I am familiar with it.
My problem here is, I just went looking for the tractor registery, and I couldn't find it after about 5 minutes. To my way of thinking, that is to hard to find. so it is probably overlooked by many.
My 2 cents worth.
Mark
My wife say's I never listen to her, or something like that.
Amateur Extra class radio call sign AB8MS

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:27 pm

meandmydeere wrote:
My problem here is, I just went looking for the tractor registery, and I couldn't find it after about 5 minutes. To my way of thinking, that is to hard to find. so it is probably overlooked by many.
My 2 cents worth.
Mark

Its the second of the 2 links at the top of the page (center) on the HOME page.
Then came Bronson

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:34 pm

JB:

Part of the problem is that it must load the whole registry page -- all 1122 entries of it. It takes 3 or 4 minutes on my broadband connection most times.

As I indicated. My daughter and I are working on updating.. she is helping me with Access..

Hopefully I can have something done soon..
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:35 pm

silverta16 wrote:Thats great. If I can help in any way, I will. Just let me know what I can do. What interest me the most is the history behind the Cubs. I would love to do my part.

Here is one thing you can do that will help with:
silverta16 wrote:Maybe this would help cub owners who live so close to each other get together.

One of the first posts you should have seen was "New Members and Visitors, Please READ", which in part says:
On your profile, if you enter your location as STate, City it will allow our members to locate fellow Cubber's by sorting on the location field. Example: MO, Kansas City or TN, Knoxville etc....

Then you can sort the member list by location to find others that are near you.

Brandon Webb
10+ Years
10+ Years
1969 International 140
1975 International Cub

Pittsburg Carry-Lift
Brookfield Buzz Saw

Postby Brandon Webb » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:45 am

I understand what you are saying, I just am really intersted in serial numbers. Maybe if there was a seperate registry for 1947 cubs, and demo cubs. Demo cubs would be the main reason I am intersted in the registry. It might take ten years, but it might give us a baseline of what was white and how many there are. And 47 cubs, they made 11,xxx of them, I sure would like to know if there were only a couple hundred left. Honestly how many do you think are left? There can't be that many. Everyone has snatched up cubs. Later years where they made thousands per year, you have trouble finding one of the year you want. You have to look hard.

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:42 am

Brandon,

A little time spent with a calculator and a list of serial numbers will be very revealing. No registry is likely to ever yield more than a tiny percentage of existing tractors. For example... there were more '50 white demonstrators made than the total annual production of '54, '55, '56, ...you get the picture.

'48 is the easy year to find since there were so many made. I have 4 of them. There were more built in '48 than ALL F-Cub production in the 21 years after '58. :shock:

There were more built in the first year production of '47 than any year after '53.

It's a wild guess, but there may be more surviving '47s than most of the later years.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Brandon Webb
10+ Years
10+ Years
1969 International 140
1975 International Cub

Pittsburg Carry-Lift
Brookfield Buzz Saw

Postby Brandon Webb » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:21 am

I understand what you mean. I'll end the registry idea there. I guess your right. Nevermind.

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”