This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Automatic Log IN

How do I.... ?
Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

Automatic Log IN

Postby Dan England » Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:42 am

During the past couple of weeks, I have had to log in often. I always check the box to do this automatically but it tends to log me "out" automatically rather than "in". How do I correct this problem? Thanks, Dan

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:26 pm

Dan that happens to me about once a month also and then after I log on again, (sometimes twice) it works fine again for a month or 2. I just figure it must be a glitch on the board or maybe maintainance wipes out our current Cookie.
Then came Bronson

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:40 pm

Dan:

I have had that occur to me as well a number of times... I am beginning to think it is not a forum problem but an individual puter problem - most likely corrup cookies..

This occurs after time..

Also, depending on what System Suite you have for Anti-Virus, Spy-ware, Mal-ware, Ad-ware and stuff, these could be a source of the log in problems. Many of these add in programs will auto-quarantine or auto-delete even low level tracking cookies such as from FarmallCub.com, whilst removing even more hazardous items at the same time.

Depending on which ones you have, you may be able to set them to leave specific cookies alone.. or, you may just end up doing what I do.. just log back in again... easier..

:roll: :D

Hope that helps.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:12 pm

I occasioanlly have to log in, but not very often. Don't log off when done, just go to another site or shut down computer. another thing is to check your cookie setting to make sure it is accepting cookes form farmallcub.com.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:11 pm

I'm the furthest thing from a computer geek but I think I've solved my log on problem and maybe this will help others. Recently while troubleshooting something else I lowered my security setting in the control panel internet options to medium. I haven't had a problem since :D . Before everytime tried to log on I had to check the little box for keeping me logged on and sometimes that wouldn't work. It was frustrating.

jim turner
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 64784

Postby jim turner » Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:17 pm

Rudi you hit the nail on the head at least for me I put in Norton 2006 andd it logged me out and wiped out all of my URL's so I deleted Norton and have had no more problems
Jim Turner

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:20 pm

Jim:

Glad the info helped some.

I used to be a Norton proponent, in fact no computer left my bench without 2 extremely important tools --

1. APC Surge Arrest -- Mandatory
2. Norton System Works -- Mandatory..

Now since Norton has gotten so big, and soooo useless... I now use IOLO exclusively. Make sure you have a GOOD Suite on your computer. I recommend IOLO System Mechanic Pro -- 5 is excellent, and I am test running 6 on Em's puter... jury is out on that one, but SM5Pro is very good. I do not have much faith in others, have used em all, and out the door pretty much.

Anyways, make sure you also have a good Firewall.. IOLO comes with that..

Bill:

Recently while troubleshooting something else I lowered my security setting in the control panel internet options to medium.

By lowering your security setting to medium you are actually allowing the backdoors which are rampant in any version of Windows to be accessible by hackers. If you are going to run at the DEFAULT, which is Medium, ensure that you have Microsoft Anti-spyware Beta, Ad-Aware Personal SE and Spy-Bot all installed and run them regularily. I recommend a minimum of once a week. Depending on how often you are on the net, you may have to up to 2 or 3 x's/week. Em had to just to get rid of the bots...

I recommend that these additional Shareware (Free) programs are utilized by all.. as they do work. No, each as a stand alone are NOT SUFFICIENT, but when all 3 are used in concert with a suite such as SM5Pro, then the integrity of your computer is greatly enhanced.

Personally, I always adjust my Security options to Custom and it becomes as high as I can get for most sites.. Sites such as http://www.farmallcub.com and my server obviously are TRUSTED sites, so I do allow my setting for those sites and those sites only to be relaxed a bit to default.. Most others are at Max...

I just get tired of redoing systems.. and when you do as many as I do in a normal year, it can get a little intimidating especially when you have to redo a particular system 2 or 3 or 4 times a year....

Oh one other little tidbit..

You can usually buy a program which has been upgraded such as System Mechanic 5 Pro for about 50% off and as much as 75% off which is significant. It doesn't actually compromise your computer when loaded, as one of the first things it does is hit the server for ALL the updates. Will it update to SM6Pro -- no, the interface will not, but all of the important stuff will.

So a good way to keep your computer protected yet save some hard to come by cash for really important stuff like Cub Parts is to buy a program that is no longer at top prices and allow it to upgrade on the net..

I like that option a lot. :lol: :lol: Keeps the FRUGAL side of me happy :D :!:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Postby cowboy » Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:51 pm

Hi Rudi

Rather than a suge protector I perfer a power back up. I am using a 650 apc. It will condition the line voltage boost low line voltage in brown out conditions and give me time to shut down the computer if the power goes out. As well as provide surge protection.

And when the power goes out it starts beeping I know the power is out so I can shut down the fireplace so it does not overheat without the fans running.

I have a lamp pluged into it too so I have one light when the power is out.

Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:08 pm

Billy:

For those who can justify the expense, it is well worth the money. And if you live in an area prone to brown outs, it is a must. However, we mostly have bumps or outages, so the surge is sufficient.

I want Backup some day, but it is gonna be expensive, as computers are in 6 locations on 3 floors in my house and that does not account for the laptops....

But, definitely an excellent suggestion/choice..

:D

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

Postby allenlook » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:27 pm

If you've recently installed or activated a "privacy protection" program that messes with your cookies, then you probably won't be logged in automatically.

Cookies also can have an expiry date, after which they need to be refreshed.
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”