Problem With Searches

Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:56 am

I am experiencing problems when I search a topic. I enter the search topic and get a listing of posts relating to the subject but when I try to read the post I get the following message:

You don't have permission to access /phpBB2/viewtopic.php on this server.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Bob

Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:32 pm

I can think of 2 possibioities, one if you got it on every item you tried, they system may be having a problem, and you need to wait a little and try again. What were the terms you were trying to search for, that may help.

Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:53 pm

John

I have tried several times to view the searched topic. I will try again this evening to see if TIME will cure the problem

I was looking within Farmall Cub for sujects related to the 6 volt system and asking to give me responses in accending oder.

I get lots of results and I can click on the author and get the profile but when I click on the topic I get the Forbidden response. I am logged in.

I will see what TIME yields :? :? :?

Thanks

Bob

Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:24 pm

Bob, it's not you, it appears to be a bug in the system. I'll check it out this afternoon/evening.

Thanks for the alert!

Dennis

Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:34 pm

Bob, I'm guessing you were using are using the FarmallCub forum template, right? If so, there was a bug in the configuration and I just fixed it.

Let me know if it works now.

Dennis

Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:50 pm

Hi Dennis

Thanks for your esponse and help. I am still having a problem and I can't tell you why

If I search for anything related to system voltage I get a response listing several posts but I am "Forbidden" to view them.

If I put a subject in like "rings" I get a response listing several posts and I can access thel all.

I am not sure why it works that way but I have tried it several time with the same results.

Bob

Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:27 pm

Bob, which template are you using? Subsilver, subtrail, FarmalCub, etc. (this would be setup in your profile.)

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Dennis

Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:46 pm

Hi Dennis

I am using Farmall Cub

Bob

Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:51 pm

Bob Grieb wrote:Hi Dennis

I am using Farmall Cub

Bob

:idea: Make a quick change to subsilver and see what happens?. You can always change back. :idea:

Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:08 pm

Use of subsilver did not resolve the proble. If no one else is having the problem it must be something I am doing. The confusion is that on one subject it works and on the 12 volt issue it does not work

Bob

Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:21 am

Hi Dennis

FYI - I tried again this morning with the same results:

1) If I put in the search subject of "six volt system" I am forbidden access to the posts.

2) If I put in the search subject of "rings" I can access and all posts listed.

I am not sure why this occurs but my method of search is the same in every try I make.

Another way of saying it is I can read all search results on any subject except those searched as voltage issues

Bob

Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:25 am

Bob - Dennis and others:
Apparently it is the word "system" in the search. I used your search criteria and got the same results. I took out the word "system" and it is OK. Apparently, the search function thinks you are looking for system files and will not allow a view.

Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:41 pm

Big Dog

I did as you suggested and it works :D :D :D :D

Thanks

Bob

Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:14 pm

This is a bug in the upgraded version of the messageboard software. It produces a similar error on their site also, so I've submitted a bug report to them.

Thanks,
Dennis