Error Message

Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:16 pm

You cannot make another search so soon after your last; please try again in a short while

I keep getting this error message after i read a post and click on the view posts since last visit. I also get this when i go back after reading a post.

Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:18 pm

Uh OH Scotty....you been BUSTED, DUDE :twisted:

Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:39 pm

Scotty, there was a bug in the search software. Dennis has it fixed now.

Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:10 pm

Also know that the newer versions of PhPBB software include the capability to prevent "search flooding." this is done by imposing a madatory delay between searches. Spambots will often flood search to probe for weaknesses, e-mail addresses, etc.

My guess is that Dennis has enabled this feature.

Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:30 pm

Right on Lildog, it is enabled. Normally, it does not cause a problem for most searches. Just wait a little bit between searches.

Dennis

Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:37 pm

Scotty:

As an addition to Lil Dog and Dennis' replies.. I have also encountered that problem, but usually when ever there is a problem in finding the host... sometimes that can be related to DOS critters.. Denial Of Service viruses or whatever they are....

It comes and goes... but usually it is fixed rather quickly..

Irritating, but goes with the territory now.. too many weirdos with too much time on their hands, access to virus lab programs, and NO CUBS IN THEIR LIFE :!: :arrow: :shock: :cry: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And I like your sig line.. nice addition :D :D :D :D