This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Useing The Farmall Cub Picture Host?

How do I.... ?
FuryIII
10+ Years
10+ Years

Useing The Farmall Cub Picture Host?

Postby FuryIII » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:32 pm

can i store the pictures here and use them in other places on the net without fearing i will upset this forum or anyone associated with it?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:14 pm

F3:

Well, I am not all that sure. It is a band width issue, I would imagine. I would assume that if it is a Cub Related Picture and you are using it on the Forums, that it would probably be ok to hot-link it to another site, provided it isn't going to get thousands of hits I imagine. But to be on the safe side, I would get hold of Lil-Dog as he is the owner/operator of the FarmallCub/CubFest Photo Host Server.

If you are wanting to host pics on the web for the exclusive use of other sites.. then it would not be a good idea I would think.. that would be best hosted on photobucket or geocities then.

The rationale for the Photo Host, was to provide a spot to store images that could be linked to this server that would not have view caps on it as many of the so-called freebie hosting services do like geocities, kodak, hp canon and others...

But check with Lil-Dog to be sure....
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

FuryIII
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby FuryIII » Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:30 pm

your reply is exactly the reason i asked. maybe lildog will reply.

i have picutres that i want to use here posted here. it would be a lot of work for me, im on dialup, to download them to another host to use elsewhere. but i will do just that to keep from stepping on any toes. im just trying save a little effort on my part.

the picture host here is easy to use and very convient. i try to follow the rules of "your house" when im there. thank you for answering.

lildog
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45601
Skype Name: JohnRRatliff

Postby lildog » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:15 pm

Fury III,

As Rudi stated, the primary purpose of the photo host is for use on this board, but if you would like to use the same photos elsewhere, there is no problem with that. Plus, every member has a "personal" space on the server to store pictures not necessarily for use on this board. So, go for it.
John "lildog" Ratliff: Facebook | Twitter

FuryIII
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby FuryIII » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:13 pm

thank you.

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”