- Inability of the phpBBS software to currently handle syntax problems with punctuation such as the ", ? and a few other issues. This is evidenced by the broken links or buried links that do not show as buried links.
- Inability of some browsers such as Firefox or Solaris to read url's properly and deliver the requested pages to the browser for viewing. Firefox being the main culprit here.
- Inability of many browsers to no longer understand or handle Basic HTML or Hyper Text Markup Language which is also known as basic code.
One must keep in mind that there is not just one problem that can be simply or easily fixed. The syntax problems for phpBBS can be fixed relatively simple -- keeping in mind that currently on the server there are over 12,067 files and 640 individual directories that must be renamed using the Unicode standard so as not to confuse phpBBS, this is still a mind boggling task. Also keep in mind that as this particular project progresses, there still is another gig or 2 of data waiting to be uploaded to the server, and whilst I am busy fixing these problems, updates will have to wait.
So here is the crux of the problem.
- Syntax substitution with Unicode statements
- Firefox and other browsers problems with interpreting files such as .ppt etc., and the lack of good plugins or lack of knowledge where such plugins may be found.
- Firefox and other browsers problems with interpreting simple graphic files such as gif's, jpg's and bmp when used as a button, icon etc.
- Microsoft IE's ability to read it all.. with essentially no problems, but the rather frustrating problem of MS IE being the primary focus of hackers who have no life
PS.. BD and John.. got it