This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Kodak Z740 & Pics of Culprit in Tranny

How do I.... ?
pete1941
10+ Years
10+ Years

Kodak Z740 & Pics of Culprit in Tranny

Postby pete1941 » Fri May 25, 2007 6:55 am

Bigdog and others concerned with picture posting,

Yesterday, when I sent the pictures of the (Culprit in the tranny) to you and Donny M, Donny e-mailed me back and said that because I was using the Kodak Easyshare Photo program, he was unable to SAVE the pictures to his computer. Just wondering if this had anything to do with the long wait in the pictures getting to you? If this is a problem, spell it out here and I and others can make changes in the photo handling programs.

I realize this is not exactly the right place for this post, but if it's a problem on my end, I will fix it. As always, Thanks, Pete

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Fri May 25, 2007 7:11 am

Pete - the Kodak set-up makes it more difficult to save the photos but I don't think it had anything to do with the delay in me receiving them. I believe the delay was from my internet provider (Roadrunner) and probably just got backed up in their spam filtering. The second set of pictures you sent showed up about 20 minutes after the first set.
To save the pictures so I could upload them, I just re-e-mailed them to myself and was then able to save the files. I could not save them directly from your e-mail.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

pete1941
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby pete1941 » Fri May 25, 2007 7:23 am

Thanks Bigdog,

I wasn't aware that there was a problem until Donny M emailed me. I will use a different program in the future! Problem solved. :D

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri May 25, 2007 12:24 pm

Pete:

This is a common problem when people use the proprietary software that vendors provide. Em had the same problem with here Olympus.. it grabs the pics and hides em so nobody can use em except the vendor it seems......

So to get around it, I showed Em how I do it and how I teach everyone who comes to me for computer help.

Use Windows Explorer and Microsofts Win95 Powertoy Sendto extension. Open up Windows Explorer. Go to your camera. Open up the drive -- just like you C drive, D drive or a CDRom. Look for a directory called DCIM or similar - maybe even RAW. Hightlight all the files and either copy or move em to a new Folder on your C drive called C:/Data/Pictures/My Cub 27-05-07 or something like that. Then you can manipulate copies.. never the original pic.. to whatever you wish. A lot more options..

I totally dislike proprietary captive software.. almost as much as I dislike Internet Photo-Hosts that impose caps on bandwidth, impose copyright restrictions and do not allow saving of pics (with the owners consent of course) without having to BUY a copy....

Not going there, I am haveing a good day and gonna leave it at that..

Then when you want to email a pic you can include it in the email or attach it as a file. Then the recipient can save it to there hard drive. Anything else kinda is a waste of time.. like sending an email and an attachment ----- a .eml. Can't open up most of em... :roll: :roll: :roll: :!:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Camo Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 41005

Postby Camo Cub » Fri May 25, 2007 6:37 pm

Rudi put it pretty well all there.

From personal experience, i've found the included software from Kodak to be just barely useable. It tends to be slow, and hard to use. (in my opinion.)

Also, here is a link to a video with sound that describes a similar way to do the job... http://youtube.com/watch?v=W_hxdY7g-sw
"The Official un-official Cub Photographer."

pete1941
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby pete1941 » Fri May 25, 2007 9:01 pm

Thanks guys, I was just sitting here at the computer contemplating doing something different. When I get a little more time, I will fix this situation!

Rudi, I took some more pictures today after I finished planting corn, peas, eggplant, and more tomatoes. They show the Cub with her working clothes on. Oh, BTW, the Cub is probably 40% quieter, gear wise. now that she has been washed out and has new tranny and differential oil! It was worth all the trouble.

Pete

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Bigdog » Fri May 25, 2007 9:09 pm

It's good to see you got her back to work!
Bigdog

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Fri May 25, 2007 9:48 pm

Excellent Pete..

Now, let's see some pictures :!: :wink: :D :D :D :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

pete1941
10+ Years
10+ Years

Kodak z-740

Postby pete1941 » Sat May 26, 2007 6:10 am

Rudi, I am using Windows XP and IE currently. Do I need to download Windows Explorer and some of the Power Toys? If you will, send a list of the things I need to do to get this thing fixed. Your previous fix was when using Windows 95 and I guess it could be the same for XP but not sure. Thanks, and good to know you got the Cubbie going again. Pete

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Bigdog » Sat May 26, 2007 6:55 am

Pete - download a copu of Irfanview. It is a free download and is photo manupulation software that will do whatever you need. Also, in the Windows Powertoys downloads is a photo re-sizer that just takes a couple of mouse clicks to re-size pictures. Makes it quick and easy.
Bigdog

pete1941
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby pete1941 » Sat May 26, 2007 7:46 am

Thanks Bigdog, will get this done today, gotta lot of errands to run with Memorial Day coming, and BTW, hope you and the family have a nice holiday weekend, be safe!!!!

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Re: Kodak z-740

Postby Jim Becker » Sat May 26, 2007 7:54 am

Pete1941 wrote:Rudi, I am using Windows XP and IE currently. Do I need to download Windows Explorer and some of the Power Toys?

Windows Explorer should already be on your system. Right click on "START" and it should show in the list as "Explore". In Explorer, you can right click on a file to get a menu of varioius manupulations. Downloading the image resizer from Power Toys will add a resizer to that menu.

Irfanview, which Bigdog suggested, is a pretty powerful image tool that includes resizing along with a lot of other features. If all you are trying to do is resize images, Power Toys is probably easier. If you want to do more involved manipulation, Irfanview is a good choice. (I have Irfanview on my PC and put the Power Toys resizer on my wife's computer).

pete1941
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby pete1941 » Sat May 26, 2007 7:58 am

Okay Jim, I will look at both systems and figure which one will work the best for me. Thanks

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Sun May 27, 2007 8:52 am

Pete:

Sorry, been on the road till 1am yesterday..

Windows Explorer as Jim said is part and parcel of XP and has been part of Windows since 2.85 wayyy back when.

I first came across the Window Powertoys suite back in 95.. when the MS Developers Kit became accessible by accident.. and once the mouse was loose, it was hard to hide. Powertoys actually gave Windows Explorer the functionality that it was supposed to have, but has never even to this day, been incorporated into the right button pop up menu that is standard for Explorer.

I still install the sendto.dll extension in ALL of my microsoft O/S's .. from 95 right up to XP Pro and I use em all from 95, 98, Win2K, XP Home and Pro.. and even the pos ME is hanging around.

Windows XP Powertoys, is probably one of the best add on tools Microsoft has released for the general public in a very long time.

The easiest and simplest photo resizer is the powertoys resizer. The links to it are on the main page, which unfortuantely seems to be down this morning. Hopefully it is the planned rebuild.. Irfanview is also linked on the main page.

With photo resizer, all you have to do is right click and choose resize photos, choose smallest and you can batch resize a whole directoyr. Photo resizer does not change the file name except to just add the word (small) in the name.

Irfanview is a much more powerful program. I use it a lot when I want to batch resize to as specific image size espcially for PowerPoint and other Presentation type projects. Makes it far easier... but it does take a bit of practice to learn.

pete1941
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby pete1941 » Sun May 27, 2007 9:50 am

Rudi, I just found and downloaded Windows Power Toy Image Resizer. I hope this is the one you were speaking of. Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend :D .

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”