This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub Forum

How do I.... ?
DanR
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 37743
Circle of Safety: Y

Cub Forum

Postby DanR » Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:06 am

I got a new computer. farmallcub.com works fine except I cannot get the forum without going thru WIKI. I get the "Internet Explorer cannot open the web page" sign. Any ideas? Thanks
47 Cub (Glenda)
52 Super A
62 Cub (Genie)
43 H
42 M
In all things know which way the wind is blowing.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 43528
Tractors Owned: 47(circle cub),48(Floyd backhoe),49,,51,54 and another 55

Postby Rick Prentice » Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:42 am

Hi Dan. I'm not an expert at computers, but did you try this?? Once you're on the internet, go up to the top toolbar and click "Tools". Go down to "Internet Options" and click, make sure you're in the "General" section, the very first box should say home page and you can enter (http://www.farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=1) in the block, then click apply, then OK. Copy and paste only the link inside the ( ).

If everything works right, once you go online, the forum will be first up, elliminating all the middle men :D :D

Rick
When I told my dad I've been misplacing things and doing stupid stuff----His reply---"It only gets better"

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:37 am

Dan:

You got a new computer, means you probably got a new IE.. most likely IE 7. whatever.... I am not a fan, but we will have to get used to it.

Rick has a good point and on that I use in my IE 6 and in FireFox. I have a primary home page which is Rudi's Farmall Cubs. One of the features in IE 6 and better is the FireFox style tabbed browsing. Follow the instructions in IE 7 to make each successive tab's homepage as part of your initialization routine for IE. Pretty simple.. Tool, - Internet Options, - Tabs -- follow the prompts. Then once that is open, I hit the Open All My Tabs button and the rest:
  1. Farmall Cub Forum Index,
  2. my eBay summary,
  3. then International House of Cubs,
  4. then a couple more like my on-line email account so I can eliminate all the spam and stuff before it gets downloaded to my Outlook Express client.
However, one of the reasons why you may be getting a problem with loading http://www.farmallcub.com into IE and everything else is ok, is that there may be a problem with the cookies. To fix that, open IE and then
  1. In IE 6 or 7 Click Tools
  2. Internet Options
  3. Delete Cookies
  4. Delete Files
  5. Delete History
  6. Click OK.
  7. Close IE, then restart IE

This should clear all the corrupt data including that which is stored in the virtual ram area. When you reopen, start adding the tabbed data. It will make your browsing experience more enjoyable.

I have been using Tabs for about 2 or 3 years now.. I like it a lot... :!:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

DanR
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 37743

Postby DanR » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:38 am

Tried both things with no results. Let me explain further. Farmallcub.com is in the favorites. Click on and the home page comes up just fine. Click on any department except "forums" and it comes right up. Click on "forums" and you get the cannot open this page from Microsoft. Click on WIKI then return to forums and it goes right there. BTW I added Farmallcub.com etc. to the home page list along with CNN.com. :?: Thanks Dan
47 Cub (Glenda)
52 Super A
62 Cub (Genie)
43 H
42 M
In all things know which way the wind is blowing.

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Postby Dennis » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:22 pm

DanR wrote:Tried both things with no results. Let me explain further. Farmallcub.com is in the favorites. Click on and the home page comes up just fine. Click on any department except "forums" and it comes right up. Click on "forums" and you get the cannot open this page from Microsoft. Click on WIKI then return to forums and it goes right there. BTW I added Farmallcub.com etc. to the home page list along with CNN.com. :?: Thanks Dan

Dan, on your bookmark to the forum, make sure it looks like this:

Code: Select all

http://www.farmallcub.com/phpBB2/index.php

If it has other characters/digits, it may have some session settings embedded in the link that have expired. To fix it, right click on the link and select properties and edit it manually.

Also, be sure you allow cookies to be set on the forum/site page.

Lastly, if the two things above are correct, you may have a corrupted cookie file. Deleting them is dependent on the type and version of the web browser and operating system. holler if you need help by posting your OS and browser/version.

Dennis

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:25 pm

Dan:

In that case what you have a an inability to communicate with your IE software because one of you pop up blockers or other third party software, possibly your antivirus suite has http://farmallcub.com/phpBB2/index.php which is the main Forum Index, blocked. You will have to search to find it.. unfortunately..

It will be a major PITDerrierre.. for a bit. I had a similar problem with my router. It did not like it. In fact I actually had to put http://farmallcub.com/phpBB2/index.php on my ignore this page for the white list and the black list...

Maybe that might help.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”