quotes

Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:26 am

On some posts, I have seen where only one sentance or part of a post is quoted, how do I do that ?

John

Re: quotes

Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:41 am

John:

That is pretty easy, once learned.

john2189 wrote:On some posts, I have seen where only one sentance or part of a post is quoted, how do I do that ?

John

There are two major ways to use quote functions on a phpBBS forum. The first one is pretty simple..

You can simply hit the Image button in any particular post in the thread that you want to click.

This then inserts into the quote the author's user id as in your case: john2189 wrote: was quoted.

Let's say I only wanted to quote a piece of the above.. well.. use the Image button and then edit the quote:

john2189 wrote:one sentance or part of a post is quoted, how do I do that ?

John

The second way to do it, is to highlight and copy. Then you highlight the quoted text and then hit the quote button at the top of the input panel and poof there is your quote. However, it is not attributed to any author

On some posts, I have seen where only one sentance or part of a post is quoted, how do I do that ?

You can also insert the tags manually for either method which is usually how I do it on multiple quotes within a single reply.

Does this help :?: :?: :?:

Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:43 am

Do the "post a reply" and use the "Quote" box then cut and paste the part you want to include, or......quote the entire post as usual and when you're in the "post a reply" stage go up to the quoted part and delete the parts you don't want. You can then change the quoted part if you like, such putting a word in caps for emphasis.

Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:45 am

:lol: :lol: Learned something and it aint even noon yet. Merry Christmas Grump

Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:31 pm

grumpy wrote::lol: :lol: Learned something and it aint even noon yet.

Grumpy, so did I!!

Bob