This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Hope there's an easy way

How do I.... ?
Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 43528
Tractors Owned: 47(circle cub),48(Floyd backhoe),49,,51,54 and another 55
Circle of Safety: Y

Hope there's an easy way

Postby Rick Prentice » Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:42 pm

I'm at the point on the Cubfest Host Photo site, that before I add anymore pics anyplace, I have to delete one first. I get the "File Size Quota Exceded" message. I noticed that the majority of my pics are ballpark 30-80 kb size, however, before Camo adjusted my camera, there's pics installed in the 170-180kb range. Can I shrink all my pics down in size somehow, with a simple click of the mouse, without having to delete and re-install them.

Thanks in advance,
Rick

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:08 pm

Rick - I'm 99% sure you will have to delete them and then re-size and upload.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Into Tractors
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45387

Postby Into Tractors » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:21 pm

Rick, not sure if this will work for you, but there is the option to "Crop & Rotate" when you go back and view your pictures?

I changed the setting to "10" on one of my photo's and the file size just about reduced by 50%.

The picture still looks OK?

Of course, that would mean you'd have to go and resize of lot of your pictures to get the file szies down?
Mike Duncan

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:30 pm

Rick:

There is an account cap. These caps are global across the site. To increase the size of the account would restrict the number of new accounts that can be created. Also these accounts are dictated by email address. Deleting files can really mess up threads, especially when they are linked to How To's and stuff or even a simple thread where a pic is the one key to helping a newbie out. So delteting is not an option to use if there is another work around.

Here is a suggestion and one which Rick D. already used as a work around. Create a gmail account or a hotmail account that is different from your primary email that you use on the Photo Host at this time. Then you have access to another account.

Since many of our members do not use the photohost yet, there is probably scads or room available, but not in the individual accounts. John should be able to elaborate further, but this is a suggestion.

Hope this helps.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”