This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Where do you post ebay links?

How do I.... ?
Tim Martin
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 20637
eBay ID: cub_parts_pro
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub, 1951 Farmall Cub, 1957 Copar Panzer T102, 1957 IH Lo-Boy, 2008 Kubota 2320
Circle of Safety: Y

Where do you post ebay links?

Postby Tim Martin » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:23 am

Question here about the messege board - If you have a ebay link that you would like to post on the messege board for a farmall cub reletated item, where does it go? In the Vine or in the Wanted/For Sale section? There seems to be some major confusion about where to post these items. The Cub Vine states,
POSTERS: The Cub Vine is for posting your Cub and Cub equipment finds from other sites and sources. To be useful, include as much information as possible, web links, phone #'s, addresses, source, etc.

One would think that if it is Cub related equipment and it is from ebay (another site or source) it would be in the Cub Vine. Am I correct? Someone please clarify where these posts are suppose to go. Thank you.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:47 am

If it yours to sell or you are you selling it for another, in for sale. If it is something you find on some other site it goes in Vine. No I didn't dot all the i's or cross all the T's in the explanation, but that is the general concept.
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Tim Martin
10+ Years
10+ Years
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub, 1951 Farmall Cub, 1957 Copar Panzer T102, 1957 IH Lo-Boy, 2008 Kubota 2320

Postby Tim Martin » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:40 am

Now i am really confussed. It sounds like you are saying this:

My item on another site - For Sale
Someone that I am selling a part for, on another site - For Sale
Someone I don't know selling on another site - Cub Vine

Is that really the rule? It sounds like the same item can be posted in either section depending on who generates the post, am I correct? Can I get clarification from a moderator please?

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:57 am

You read Bill's response right. Yours or someone you know can go in the For Sale Section. If you see it advertised elsewhere it goes on the Vine.

And you are correct that it could possibly go in both places. An example would be if you see something on Ebay and you post it on the Vine. The ebay seller may turn out to be a member of this forum and they would post it in the For Sale section.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Tim Martin
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Tim Martin » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:00 am

They should post these rules in the For Sale Section and Cub Vine because no where is it explained like this. I can see where the confusion comes from now.

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:04 am

The rules are posted in those sections. That's where I just found them.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:29 am

Tim:

You wanted a mod to explain the rules... well how about the getting it right from the Admin:

If you read the rules for the Cub Vine at the top of the forum.. then there would be no reason for confusion of any kind. That is why the Welcome Wagon is posted, for new members to read to clear up any of those innocent questions. So I do hope that this is clear enough and lacking confusing language.

[url=http://farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=23882]READ BEFORE POSTING OR REPLYING: The Cub Vine forum rules.
[/url]

Dennis (47 Cub) wrote:Welcome to the latest addition to the FarmallCub.Com Forums: The Cub Vine.

POSTERS: The Cub Vine is for posting your Cub and Cub equipment finds from other sites and sources. To be useful, include as much information as possible, web links, phone #'s, addresses, source, etc.

NOTE: Do not post your personal For Sale or Wanted items in this forum or they will be moved to the correct forum without advance notice.

BUYERS: Beware! Items and links posted in this forum are informational only. Fraud is rampant on the internet and caution should always be exercised when dealing with unknown parties and companies. If you have questions regarding a posting, contact the poster, not FarmallCub.Com or it's moderators.

NOTE: The 'Vine is pruned' after 7 days?
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Tim Martin
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Tim Martin » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:27 am

Rudi wrote:Tim:

You wanted a mod to explain the rules... well how about the getting it right from the Admin:

If you read the rules for the Cub Vine at the top of the forum.. then there would be no reason for confusion of any kind. That is why the Welcome Wagon is posted, for new members to read to clear up any of those innocent questions. So I do hope that this is clear enough and lacking confusing language.

Thanks for your insight Rudi, but I already read the rules and I still did not understand how it worked. I originally thought that the Cub Vine was for all off-site ads to post links to them. Barnyard cleared that up and I understand now. It was an 'innocent' question and you really didn't help much by cut and pasting the rules here except to get a little jab in and belittle me.

You know, our little discussion yesterday... I told you that I am trying to assimilate and walk the straight and narrow. I am sure all the mods are combing through all my posts and looking for the slightest snicker. I just don't want to do something stupid and make a post in the incorrect forum just so you have an excuse to ban me, but I am sure that I am just delaying the inevitable. Thanks again, I understand where to put my ebay links now.

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:43 pm

timmartin wrote:
Rudi wrote:Tim:

Thanks for your insight Rudi, but I already read the rules and I still did not understand how it worked. I originally thought that the Cub Vine was for all off-site ads to post links to them. Barnyard cleared that up and I understand now. It was an 'innocent' question and you really didn't help much by cut and pasting the rules here except to get a little jab in and belittle me.

You know, our little discussion yesterday... I told you that I am trying to assimilate and walk the straight and narrow. I am sure all the mods are combing through all my posts and looking for the slightest snicker. I just don't want to do something stupid and make a post in the incorrect forum just so you have an excuse to ban me, but I am sure that I am just delaying the inevitable. Thanks again, I understand where to put my ebay links now.

Not all moderators. I usually ignore your posts as they're not very constructive. If you really think it's inevitable do us all a favor :wink: :cry:

Tim Martin
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Tim Martin » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:02 pm

I'm really feel'n the moderator love Donny. :-:-): :shock: :thanx:

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”