This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

replying to a pm....

How do I.... ?
Joey
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 70403

replying to a pm....

Postby Joey » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:17 am

While trying to reply to a private message, the reply was sent to the Outbox. What does it mean when it asks whether to export as a CSV or an XML file :?: :?:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: replying to a pm....

Postby Dennis » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:01 pm

Joey wrote:While trying to reply to a private message, the reply was sent to the Outbox. What does it mean when it asks whether to export as a CSV or an XML file :?: :?:

Joey, CSV is a 'comma separated values' file and XML is similar. Both file formats are 'importable' into another email format such as MS-Outlook -- in other words, you could save the files to your computer and import them into your personal email program as a backup.

Dennis

flyawa
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 66701
Tractors Owned: .
1 1948 Cub
2 1950 Cubs
1 1951 Cub
1 1952 Cubs
1942 Farmall H
1939 Ford 9N
1930 John Deere D
1941 John Deere B
1948 Allis Chalmers C
1956 Farmall 400
1945 Chrysler Airport Tug
Location: KS, Fort Scott (S.E. Kansas - Home of the people of the south wind; the Kansa)

Postby flyawa » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:10 pm

What a cool place. I'm even gettin' a 'puter education. :{_}:
"Maintain thine airspeed lest the Earth rise up and smite thee"

Joey
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Joey » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:26 pm

So.....when I press the submit button for the reply and it goes to the Outbox, did it get sent to its destination or do I have to do something else? It's not showing up in the Sent folder.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:16 pm

Joey:
Joey wrote:So.....when I press the submit button for the reply and it goes to the Outbox, did it get sent to its destination or do I have to do something else? It's not showing up in the Sent folder.

When you hit submit, the PM goes into the Outbox Queue. It will not show up in the Sent Folder until the recipient actually opens the PM. Once that happens it goes from the Outbox Queue into the Sent Box which will archive the PM until either you delete it manually or it gets deleted as your Sent Box hits its max load. When that happens, data is deleted until the load is under 100%.

You do not have to do a thing. The software does it all fer ya...
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Joey
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Joey » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:38 pm

Thanks, Rudi. The change just takes a little getting used to.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:48 pm

Joey:

Yup, it will take a bit of getting used to. The layout is different and it is a tad confusing.. me too.. takes me a bit. But the basics really haven't changed at all.. just how it is presented. Once that variable is taken out of the mix/put out of mind, then what we had before is what we have now, but with better options and security. I like the new upgrades, but it will take a bit of getting used to. :? :!: :arrow: 8)
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Postby Dennis » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:04 pm

Rudi wrote:Joey:

Yup, it will take a bit of getting used to. The layout is different and it is a tad confusing.. me too.. takes me a bit. But the basics really haven't changed at all.. just how it is presented. Once that variable is taken out of the mix/put out of mind, then what we had before is what we have now, but with better options and security. I like the new upgrades, but it will take a bit of getting used to. :? :!: :arrow: 8)

On the old software, you never really saw your "outbox" folder unless you clicked the link on it... so, those messages where always there, you just didn't know it.

The user control panel (UCP), is loaded with options everyone should take a close look at. You can have folders for you PM's now, bookmark posts, save draft messages, export your PM's to other systems, add friends and ignore others -- if you choose.

Lot's to learn for all of us for sure.

Dennis

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”