Switch to full style
How do I.... ?
Post a reply

dyno results transfer

Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:16 am

Hello. I have a bunch of dyno results stored in two(2) Excel '07 workbooks(in excel documents). One workbook is for Friday(18th) and one for Sat(19th). I forgot to ask Lurker Carl(none of this would be even possible without his help) how to bring each worksheet over to see it on the cub site. My problem is when I hit the brouse button, to look for a specific result, excel won't break things down far enough to view the individual sheets(results). This new laptop has Vista with excel '07.

Thanks,
Rick

edit for spelling errors
Last edited by Rick Prentice on Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: dyno results transfer

Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:59 pm

Rick, how large is the spreadsheet in KB's?

Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:03 pm

Hi Dennis. I can't find each individual sheet for size(yet), but looks like the whole workbook size for the 18th is 197kbps and the 19th is 195kbps. If it matters, each individual result has the numeric numbers on the top half and a color graph on the bottom half.

Thanks Dennis,
Rick

Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:18 pm

Rick and Dennis,

I've been playing with an Excel file for Dyno results. Those are fake numbers, I wish I could claim those results. I attached a single worksheet as an individual file to this post, mostly to see if it works and if y'all can open it.

Carl

Edits: trying different versions of the same file.
Attachments
Cub dyno test sheet 99.xls
(39 KiB) Downloaded 49 times
Last edited by Lurker Carl on Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:21 pm

Works fine for me, Carl :D

Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:23 pm

spiveyman wrote:Works fine for me, Carl :D

It's not working for me. Try it again, Andrew.

Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:24 pm

It's still fine. I'm using Firefox by the way. :big afro:

Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:26 pm

Good, that means it works for someone!

Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:28 pm

Are you goingto try that with the whole workbook? I made each page into a picture last year. It was effective, but time consuming. That would be awesome to download the link to the whole book ! Reckon it's too big?

Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:29 pm

I can view it only if I save it to my computer and open it. It won't open directly from the forum.

The full workbook is way too big. Individual worksheets only.

Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:31 pm

Well that's what I did at first. Just now i clicked it and hit open and still works fine....... I dont know what to tell you !!

Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:10 pm

This will only work if you have excel on your computer. I have it on my work machine, but not on my home machine. Is there any way to save it in a "generic" format?

Other than that, it looks really good on my work machine!

EDIT TO ADD: I am using Internet Explorer

Mike in La Crosse, WI
Last edited by Hengy on Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:10 pm

Opens fine for me as well guys. And like Andrew, I am using FireFox. Don't know if that makes a difference.
I simply clicked and it opened.

Roy

Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:00 pm

Worked fine for me. I'm using IE.

Bill

Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:11 pm

WisconsinCubMan wrote:This will only work if you have excel on your computer. I have it on my work machine, but not on my home machine. Is there any way to save it in a "generic" format?

Other than that, it looks really good on my work machine!

EDIT TO ADD: I am using Internet Explorer

Mike in La Crosse, WI

A couple of options, download and install the Office viewer -- if you don't have Excel (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=EN) or I can set it up to take CSV files (but, I think you would loose the graphing and possibly some macros...)

Dennis
Post a reply