This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

photohost

How do I.... ?
dakcub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 93313

photohost

Postby dakcub » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:36 pm

How do I delete pictures in my albums? I can't upload anymore......says I am out of space.
Robert (wants to upload) Miller

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32536
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: photohost

Postby RaymondDurban » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:03 pm

Go to Photohost, click on "My Gallery" at the top of the page. Click on the photo you want to delete, click "DELETE THIS FILE".
New Picture (2).JPG
Screen Shot

Do not delete any files that you may have posted on the forum, as they will disappear and will only show the little box with the red x!

dakcub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby dakcub » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:14 pm

thanks....I tend to ask stupid questions when I work graves.
Robert (can't believe I am responsible for a 500 million dollar power plant) Miller

RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32536

Postby RaymondDurban » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:26 pm

No problem Robert. Clean up your gallery and post some more pics of your tractor!! :D

dakcub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby dakcub » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:29 am

Screwstick wrote:No problem Robert. Clean up your gallery and post some more pics of your tractor!! :D

I'm trying....got to get ready for the holiday.
Robert (starts vacation in 7 hrs) Miller

Joey
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 70403

Postby Joey » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:52 pm

I have a question about the amount of space in the gallery. I'm now in the process of uploading a bunch of pics from a Kentucky tractor show and I took a bunch of pictures. Am I limited to a certain amount of space in my gallery or just within an album? What can I do? Post a few pics for a couple of weeks, clean out and then post the rest? I really would like everyone to see the pictures, but I could selectively pick a few - almost like picking one child over another! Thanks for any tips.

P.S. How do I link an album to a post?

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:27 pm

Joey:
Log in then go to your gallery. Copy the url and then paste it into a post box.. like this Rudi's Gallery, then log out. That is probably the fastest way. Or you can search the album list, find yours, copy the url and do the same..

Oh.. yeah I buried mine , but the actual url for me is this: http://photos.cubfest.com/index.php?cat=10005 Yours would be similar.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

lildog
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45601
Skype Name: JohnRRatliff

Postby lildog » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:31 pm

Joey,

Every user is limited to 10mb of storage, and this quota applies to all files you upload to either your personal gallery or the public galleries. Each picture file must be 512kb or smaller in file size. Keeping your images to under the maximum 1280 pixels wide or tall should help keep your file sizes under this limit. The more you can do to optimize and reduce the file size of your files, the more pictures you'll be able to upload.

I'll PM you with more details.
John "lildog" Ratliff: Facebook | Twitter

lildog
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45601
Skype Name: JohnRRatliff

Postby lildog » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:16 am

Joey,

I checked a few of your files and, while you're saving at a good image size (640x480px), your file sizes are still quite large (around 150kb each). Most image programs allow you to compress JPG images when you save them. I tried this with one of your files and was able to cut about 40% off the file size just by saving at 80% quality. I recommend running your files through some sort of program to compress them at least 80% (for most images, you can probably go as low as 60% before you lose noticeable quality). This will nearly double the number of files you can upload.
John "lildog" Ratliff: Facebook | Twitter

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”