has thanked have thanks

How do I.... ?

Moderator: Team Cub

has thanked have thanks

Postby RUSSALL » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:19 pm

What are they and how do they work ? They are now in the users profile below post count.


Russ
1979 International Cub (Artie),193 plow,22 sickle mower,144 cultivator,54a blade,59" belly mower,wheel weights
1944 John Deere B , A-3 B-3 two way plow.....Grandpa's Deere,Still can't find his FARMALL A
User avatar
RUSSALL
5+ Years
5+ Years
 
Posts: 882
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:01 pm
Location: PA, Honey Brook
Zip Code: 19344
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: has thanked have thanks

Postby Barnyard » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:24 pm

Russ, if you look in a member's post you should see a thumbs up in the upper right corner near the quote button. The way I understand it, If you want to thank a member for posting something that is helpful to you or others you click on the thumb in their post. You can not thank yourself.
It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt -

Barnyard Bash CubFest May 30th - May 31st, 2014
Click here for info http://www.barnyardbash.com
http://www.Savethecub.com
User avatar
Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
 
Posts: 17854
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:39 pm
Location: OH, New Haven (Hamilton County)
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: has thanked have thanks

Postby RUSSALL » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:37 pm

So instead of thanking someone in a thread you should hit this tab ? This sounds very close to what jackman suggested as Repulation points.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=40579

Paul B wrote:
You could say a "rep count" is just a popularity contest.....if you are one of the "good ole boys", the count goes up.

Just trying to see what advantage this has.


Russ
1979 International Cub (Artie),193 plow,22 sickle mower,144 cultivator,54a blade,59" belly mower,wheel weights
1944 John Deere B , A-3 B-3 two way plow.....Grandpa's Deere,Still can't find his FARMALL A
User avatar
RUSSALL
5+ Years
5+ Years
 
Posts: 882
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:01 pm
Location: PA, Honey Brook
Zip Code: 19344
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: has thanked have thanks

Postby Ken (48 Cub) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:47 pm

This is just like using the "Like" button in facebook. I guess you can use it if you're too lazy to respond to a post :)
Ken, Annie the '48 Cub & 1282 Cub Cadet.

I think we gotter if'n she don't kick, Andy Griffith.
User avatar
Ken (48 Cub)
10+ Years
10+ Years
 
Posts: 646
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2003 11:10 am
Location: KY, Louisville
Zip Code: 40216
Tractors Owned: 1948 FCub
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: has thanked have thanks

Postby Barnyard » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:50 pm

RUSSALL wrote:So instead of thanking someone in a thread you should hit this tab ?

No, you can thank them in a thread. I don't believe there is any thing that says you have to use the system. I just saw this appear myself this morning so it is new to all of us.

The only advantage is that it shows others how many times a persons responses are appreciated or how many times you have shown your appreciation.
It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt -

Barnyard Bash CubFest May 30th - May 31st, 2014
Click here for info http://www.barnyardbash.com
http://www.Savethecub.com
User avatar
Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
 
Posts: 17854
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:39 pm
Location: OH, New Haven (Hamilton County)
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: has thanked have thanks

Postby RUSSALL » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:58 pm

OK I was just wondering . I don't use the facebook so I'm not familiar with that practice.
Just something new to get used to.


Russ
1979 International Cub (Artie),193 plow,22 sickle mower,144 cultivator,54a blade,59" belly mower,wheel weights
1944 John Deere B , A-3 B-3 two way plow.....Grandpa's Deere,Still can't find his FARMALL A
User avatar
RUSSALL
5+ Years
5+ Years
 
Posts: 882
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:01 pm
Location: PA, Honey Brook
Zip Code: 19344
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: has thanked have thanks

Postby ellen » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:11 pm

While I agree with the "like" of a post, I don't understand why there should be another "competition", as I'm sure it will become, between members. Wasn't the original purpose of "the board" to help our fellow cub owners with the problems that arise with these wonderful old machines? I haven't been in good favor with the powers to be of late, nonetheless, my love for my cub and the wealth of knowledge that is available here is what keeps me coming back, not how many thumbs up one gets.
Just my simple minded thoughts.
Ellen
ellen
5+ Years
5+ Years
 

Re: has thanked have thanks

Postby Dennis » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:31 pm

ellen wrote:While I agree with the "like" of a post, I don't understand why there should be another "competition", as I'm sure it will become, between members. Wasn't the original purpose of "the board" to help our fellow cub owners with the problems that arise with these wonderful old machines? I haven't been in good favor with the powers to be of late, nonetheless, my love for my cub and the wealth of knowledge that is available here is what keeps me coming back, not how many thumbs up one gets.
Just my simple minded thoughts.
Ellen


Wow, I'm truly puzzled by this Ellen. What I thought of as a positive, has been turned into a negative faster than I could install the changes last evening. Thanks, I guess...
User avatar
Dennis
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2561
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2003 9:53 pm
Location: MO, Oak Grove
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: @farmallcubcom

Re: has thanked have thanks

Postby ellen » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:44 pm

Dennis (47 Cub) wrote:
ellen wrote:While I agree with the "like" of a post, I don't understand why there should be another "competition", as I'm sure it will become, between members. Wasn't the original purpose of "the board" to help our fellow cub owners with the problems that arise with these wonderful old machines? I haven't been in good favor with the powers to be of late, nonetheless, my love for my cub and the wealth of knowledge that is available here is what keeps me coming back, not how many thumbs up one gets.
Just my simple minded thoughts.
Ellen


Wow, I'm truly puzzled by this Ellen. What I thought of as a positive, has been turned into a negative faster than I could install the changes last evening. Thanks, I guess...


Dennis,
I didn't mean to turn it into a negative but I guess I'm not the only one who thinks this way:
Paul B wrote:
You could say a "rep count" is just a popularity contest.....if you are one of the "good ole boys", the count goes up.


It can become that if were not careful.
ellen
5+ Years
5+ Years
 

Re: has thanked have thanks

Postby Dennis » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:09 pm

Ellen, I understood that before setting it up. A couple of checks and balances are built in, first, you can see who is thanking whom. Second, the option to take away a thanks is turned off -- so be sincere. Third, if it is a contest, the prize is being the most helpful person on the forum -- not a bad thing in my mind. If money were on the table, you would have a point.

Thanks,
Dennis
User avatar
Dennis
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2561
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2003 9:53 pm
Location: MO, Oak Grove
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: @farmallcubcom

Re: has thanked have thanks

Postby Jackman » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:24 pm

I like it myself a little appreciation for a good post is more important than a another point in a members post count. Good idea Dennis :big afro: :D .....
Jackman
5+ Years
5+ Years
 
Posts: 1715
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 4:26 am
Zip Code: 000000
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y


Return to Message Board & Computer Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest