Switch to full style
How do I.... ?
Post a reply

forum

Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:18 pm

In the topic column I am not getting a notice that the post was read. Is anyone else experiencing this? :?:

Re: forum

Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:22 pm

Mine is working. What theme are you using?

Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:21 pm

Regwal - I had the same problem. Dennis told me to clear the browser cache, and that did the trick. If you are using Internet Explorer, go to Tools at the top, select Internet Options from the drop down menu, and about half way down in the pop-up window, there should be a section for "browsing history" with a button to delete it. Just make sure you close all your open Internet Explorer windows after deleting the history, then reopen and re-load the site. You should then see that your "read" threads are showing again.

Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:58 pm

That didn't work for me. Bigdog, what do you mean by theme? :?

Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:16 pm

If I go all the way out to the home page, then re-enter to "Farmall Cub" everything updates. Hmmmm

Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:23 pm

I was referring to the background theme. You select it in your user profile. What you are describing does sound like an old page loading. Deleting all your temporary internet files should clear the problem.

Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:44 pm

I deleted files twice and it makes no difference.

Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:56 pm

Delete browser history--temp internet files ---cookies nothing seen Big Dogs post --changed from prosilver too subsilver –
Hay there is a hole new look to everything

Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:15 pm

Dave I have been using sub-silver since the previous change-over. It is much easier for me to navigate.

Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:25 pm

regwal wrote:In the topic column I am not getting a notice that the post was read. Is anyone else experiencing this? :?:

I have been having the same thing happen. I was clicking the back arrow.
If you will scroll up or down to "Board index » Tractors » Farmall Cub" and left click on "Farmall Cub" it will unmark them. Hope this makes sense and helps.

Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:53 pm

Bigdog wrote:Dave I have been using sub-silver since the previous change-over. It is much easier for me to navigate.

yes I have to agree--but until I changed over I was still seeing the old forum , not the new. :?

Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:12 pm

I liked the old format but now that is just too many key strokes for me. The new format is a little easier to get around on but sure takes a lot of space. Oh well, at my age I suppose I just don't like change but I'll like it better once I'm used to it.

Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:38 pm

regwal - you don't have to switch to the sub-silver if you don't like it. You should be able to clear up the problem without switching the background theme.

Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:10 pm

Reg:

Simply clear your browsers history and cache. That will solve a lot of issues since the changeover. Your cache probably has a lot of cookies and stored pages from prior to the changeover of hosts.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:28 am

I am having what I think is the same issue. I have cleared my history, cache and cookies. Still does it. Here's what's happening. I view a particular thread. If I use the back arrow to go back to the next level up, the orange flag doesn't clear. If I click on the next level up menu, it does clear. I'm using Windows XP & IE8, latest version.
Post a reply