Switch to full style
How do I.... ?
Post a reply

Sloooooow This Morning

Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:24 am

The board is loading posts very slowly for me this morning. Is anyone else having similar problems?

Re: Sloooooow This Morning

Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:52 am

Doesn't matter what browser you are using either. Opera, IE, Chrome and FireFox are all slow. Has to be the server's/nodes that are getting high traffic volumes. I even rebooted my laptop to see if that would help.. nope... just slow........................... :(

Almost reminds on of the old 14.4 dialup modems :shock:

Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:54 am

According to Dennis the site traffic volume is up (not a bad thing) and that is accounting for the slowdown.

Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:12 pm

In the evenings, I'm regularly seeing anywhere between 40 to 60 "guests" surfing the forum.

Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:44 pm

I had no problems this morning, but did have this afternoon, but when I looked there were only 36 total users on line.

Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:11 pm

They must be on to us. :mrgreen: I've been getting timing out messages only on the Private Message board so far.

Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:12 pm

Maybe it's time to kick the server in the boot... reboot I mean. There has been increased volume of people and search bots crawling the site lately... that does drag things down a bit. I'll do a reset of the site tonight and if the slowness keeps up, I'll turn in a trouble ticket to the hosting service.

Thanks for the feedback,
Dennis
Post a reply