This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

malware on site

How do I.... ?
Into Tractors
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45387

Re: malware on site

Postby Into Tractors » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:16 pm

I got it last night as well, my virus software caught it quarantined it right away as I have real tight contraints on my system, no harm to my system. Only item I had up and running was the Forum Site so I'm pretty certain it was from it.
Mike Duncan

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Don McCombs » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:43 pm

Verizon DSL, Windows XP, IE8
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Former Member
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Former Member » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:07 pm

I have not been hit---yet --and my time is nearly exclusive to the site. I have:
Frontier
Dsl
Mozilla Firefox

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Postby Dennis » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:33 pm

Thanks Roy, it looks like a rogue ad slipped through on Google's ad network... from what I've read online, this is a nasty little piece of malware.

Question: Did any of you get a pop-up message while visiting this site that said you had a computer virus and needed to scan your computer? (One that was not your installed anti-virus software.)
Image Proud Member
Are you a member? Copy this code below and paste it in your signature to display it proudly!

Code: Select all

[url=http://nationalihcollectors.com/index.html][img]http://farmallcub.com/images/ihcc.jpg[/img][/url]

Circle of Safety Passed the "Circle of Safety" test? Add your signature badge using

[cos][/cos]
What is the Circle of Safety

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:43 pm

I was hit about 4 days ago. When it hit, it closed the Farmall Cub window and opened the XP Internet Security 2012 window. From then on, every time I tried to open an IE window, all I could get was the malware. After about 24 hours of trying everything I could think of, I googled XP Internet Security 2012 on my iPad. I finally found a link that told me to register using a bogus key number. I did that and it went away. I then ran Sptbot SD, and that got rid of the malware (I think). :D

Spybot SD, sorry.

I will be using my iPad, exclusively, to access this site until this is resolved.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

indy61
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby indy61 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:56 pm

Dennis wrote:Thanks Roy, it looks like a rogue ad slipped through on Google's ad network... from what I've read online, this is a nasty little piece of malware.

Question: Did any of you get a pop-up message while visiting this site that said you had a computer virus and needed to scan your computer? (One that was not your installed anti-virus software.)

Sounds like you need to get rid of Google ad's, there are probably many others that have been hit and can't even post .

I have never seen a pop-up of any kind on this site.

clodhopper
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27526
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub Demo
1978 Cub Cadet 1650
cub 193 plow
cub 174 planter
cub sidedresser
cub 144 cultivator
cadet 50C deck

Postby clodhopper » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:59 pm

I am using my business computer almost exclusively now. For the last three nights, when I open this site, my computer gets hit. Our companies' anti virus and malware software catches it as soon as the site opens. On my personal computers, I run malwarebytes. Its free and works great. I cant count the number of computers I have fixed with that software. Like everyone else has said, beware of the popups!!

59cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44234
Tractors Owned: (2) 1959 Cubs (1) 1951 Cub

Postby 59cub » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:10 pm

Norton just blocked an attempt on my computer. I jumped from main forum of Farmall Cub, to for sale. I see the history in Norton. Looks like it blocked an attack from zarerd,,,, dot com.?? Dennis, I have the IP address stored in Norton History if you like.

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Postby Dennis » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:25 pm

59cub wrote:Norton just blocked an attempt on my computer. I jumped from main forum of Farmall Cub, to for sale. I see the history in Norton. Looks like it blocked an attack from zarerd,,,, dot com.?? Dennis, I have the IP address stored in Norton History if you like.

Please PM me any info you have collected.

Thanks,
Dennis
Image Proud Member
Are you a member? Copy this code below and paste it in your signature to display it proudly!

[url=http://nationalihcollectors.com/index.html][img]http://farmallcub.com/images/ihcc.jpg[/img][/url]

Circle of Safety Passed the "Circle of Safety" test? Add your signature badge using

[cos][/cos]
What is the Circle of Safety

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:02 pm

Wow :shock: :!:

I usually visit the forum in Opera v 11.60 on Windows Vista Business Edition with all patches. So far I have not seen this pop up or any popups on the forums. With luck Opera might be immune? I seldom use IE8, Safari, Chrome or FireFox on the forum mostly cause I like some of Opera's

I also use Malwarebytes, Spybot SD, SuperAntiSpyware in concert with System Mechanic Professional with System Shield and of course the basic Windows Defender. I haven't had a virus on my laptop as long as I have had it basically.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32536

Postby RaymondDurban » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:04 pm

Don McCombs wrote:I will be using my iPad, exclusively, to access this site until this is resolved.

Me too!!

Preacherman108
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 24523

Postby Preacherman108 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:28 pm

I was hit 2 nights ago while on the forum. Same thing, Win 7 Home Security. Took several hours to get my computer back up and running properly.

grumpy
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 15522

Postby grumpy » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:32 pm

I'm not on my computer right now because I got it too. Said " XP antivirus 2012 alert. Internet explorer alert. Visiting this site may pose a security threat to your system". Well, it did. Not sure how to fix. I didn't click on anything to fix and now I can't open any programs at all. Later guys, this may take a while. :-( Grump
David Dee Mock-Leonard

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints

Former Member
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Former Member » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:53 pm

Is there going to be a warning posted or mass e-mail to warn other members and users of the problem until it is resolved. Could be a bunch of problems if it persists.

Would hate for it to affect anyone without the means to fix t.

coppersmythe
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: '48 trimmed dash high crop cub , '78 3/4 cub , lo-boy/59 mower , '64 "galvanized" cub , cub-6 toolbar , sicklebar mowers , 54 blade , plow , mott mower , early belly mower . . international 1010 pickup with 345ci v-8 .

Postby coppersmythe » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:05 am

im at work now , im sure LSU has pretty good defenses :wink: i can look and get whatever might help from my computer, i just dont know what/where to look for it. i'll have to bring it to someone to fix. coppersmythe..........................

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”