This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

deleting a duplicate post

How do I.... ?
Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 43528
Tractors Owned: 47(circle cub),48(Floyd backhoe),49,,51,54 and another 55
Circle of Safety: Y

deleting a duplicate post

Postby Rick Prentice » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:07 am

My galaxy tab was doing it's usual "tick me off" routine this morning. I'm typing this now from a laptop and the galaxy is on hotspot. Earlier I typed out a long reply this morning on the galaxy. When I hit the submit button, nothing happened :shock: so I hit the submit button again and nothing :shock: so I decided to wait a minute before I frizbied it across the room. After about 2 minutes it said the submit was successful. When I went to the post, sure enough, it duplicated things. In the past I thought if I hurried I could delete the last post quickly if nobody made a reply to the post. Nada. The delete button wasn't there on my last duplicated reply :shock: I tried to erase everything using the edit button, but I had to leave something in the box for things to work, so I left a period(.) Later after I turned on the galaxy hotspot and fired up an old laptop and could view multiple replies at once, I noticed the delete button was available on my first reply but not my duplicate. I did some copy/paste from the first back to the second and then deleted the first. My question------------ is this always how it's been and I'm starting to have "senior moments" :P

I probably have everyone confused by now,
Rick
When I told my dad I've been misplacing things and doing stupid stuff----His reply---"It only gets better"

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Mr E
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32460
eBay ID: noles1432460

Re: deleting a duplicate post

Postby Mr E » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:11 am

Ahh, Rick. I love reading your posts. I can feel your frustration. Occasionally I try to answer a post from my Blackberry, but have just about given up on doing that. Usually gets me in trouble.

:lol: :lol:
In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity. - Albert Einstein

Image. Circle of Safety

Roy Edenfield
Deep South CubFest #10
February 14 & 15, 2020

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:45 am

Rick, I thought the delete button should be on the last post also, but I duplicated one last week and the button was on the first post like yours.

So that was you causing the commotion this morning. We felt a slight movement in Earth's rotation here in southern Ohio earlier today and just thought it was another one of those little tremors that occur now and then. You know, similar to the kind Rosie produces when she finds out another Cub is joining the herd.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:40 pm

Rick:

I wouldn't worry about it too much. There has been a lot of dupes lately and I think it has something to do with the actual hosting service and the software they use. I have had problems as well as many others with long intervals between hitting the submit and the post actually posting. And I have gotten dupes as well.. The mods will usually delete any dupes when we see them.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:39 pm

I think the dupes are coming from delays on the website. It appears that nothing has happened, as if you failed to hit the post button, when in reality something is slowing the site down. I have noticed it being worse in the mornings than later in the day, and suspect that is when the bots are scanning it for info to put in such data bases as Google, etc. On my pc with Firefox I will see at the bottom of the screen "waiting for Faramllcub.com", but you may not see that on a tablet.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”