This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

help with windows 7

How do I.... ?
TJ
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 72455

help with windows 7

Postby TJ » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:06 pm

OK guys I've uploaded picts before using xp now I have lap top with windows 7 . :lost: I cant figure out how to resize the pictures to get them on the photohost :help: ....ANy help would be great I looked through the how tos and Rudi's post but cant find what im lookin for to resize them . They are currenly 3000 x 4000. Maybe I've looked at it to much today ? :censored: lol Will try again tomorrow, thanks TJ
1972int.cub , c-3 int mower , 54a blade
1950 M farmall "under construction"

If a word is misspelled in the dictionary who would know? from uncle johns bathroom reader

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: help with windows 7

Postby Barnyard » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:10 pm

What program did you use before to size them?

You can click on the start button down in the lower left and then left click on “Pictures”. Right click on any picture file name and select “Open With” then left click on “Choose Default Option”. Then, if your program is shown, you can select the program you had been using. From then on, any pic with that file extension will open with that program each time. You will have to do this with each different fil extension such as jpg and gif and so forth, but there aren't that many, mainly those two types.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:13 am

You can use Paint to easily resize an existing picture. In windows explorer, you right click the file and click "edit". If that doesn't get you to Paint, you can "open with" and select it. After resizing, do a "save as" so you will still have the original.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:34 am

Most any photo program will let you resize a photo then save it, including Microsoft power tools. If you want to keep it about as simple as possible, go to Irfanview.com and download the free program.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:28 pm

If you were using the Microsoft Image Resizer before you can download a clone of the application for Windows 7. I use it and it works very well.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Postby Dennis » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:16 pm

Bigdog wrote:If you were using the Microsoft Image Resizer before you can download a clone of the application for Windows 7. I use it and it works very well.

I agree, it is one of the easiest image re-sizing utilities for windows. There is zero chance of destroying your original image, because it only creates a re-sized copy -- no chance of overwriting your original.
Image Proud Member
Are you a member? Copy this code below and paste it in your signature to display it proudly!

Code: Select all

[url=http://nationalihcollectors.com/index.html][img]http://farmallcub.com/images/ihcc.jpg[/img][/url]

Circle of Safety Passed the "Circle of Safety" test? Add your signature badge using

Code: Select all

[cos][/cos]
What is the Circle of Safety

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”