Switch to full style
How do I.... ?
Post a reply

help with windows 7

Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:06 pm

OK guys I've uploaded picts before using xp now I have lap top with windows 7 . :lost: I cant figure out how to resize the pictures to get them on the photohost :help: ....ANy help would be great I looked through the how tos and Rudi's post but cant find what im lookin for to resize them . They are currenly 3000 x 4000. Maybe I've looked at it to much today ? :censored: lol Will try again tomorrow, thanks TJ

Re: help with windows 7

Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:10 pm

What program did you use before to size them?

You can click on the start button down in the lower left and then left click on “Pictures”. Right click on any picture file name and select “Open With” then left click on “Choose Default Option”. Then, if your program is shown, you can select the program you had been using. From then on, any pic with that file extension will open with that program each time. You will have to do this with each different fil extension such as jpg and gif and so forth, but there aren't that many, mainly those two types.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:13 am

You can use Paint to easily resize an existing picture. In windows explorer, you right click the file and click "edit". If that doesn't get you to Paint, you can "open with" and select it. After resizing, do a "save as" so you will still have the original.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:34 am

Most any photo program will let you resize a photo then save it, including Microsoft power tools. If you want to keep it about as simple as possible, go to Irfanview.com and download the free program.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:28 pm

If you were using the Microsoft Image Resizer before you can download a clone of the application for Windows 7. I use it and it works very well.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:16 pm

Bigdog wrote:If you were using the Microsoft Image Resizer before you can download a clone of the application for Windows 7. I use it and it works very well.

I agree, it is one of the easiest image re-sizing utilities for windows. There is zero chance of destroying your original image, because it only creates a re-sized copy -- no chance of overwriting your original.
Post a reply