Photo Posting Problems

Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:26 pm

I have never successfully posted photos in the Cub forum. I have logged in the Photo Host, but when I try to upload one of my photos from my hard drive, I get the following message: "Exceeded filesize permitted by CPG" What must I do to correct this issue? Thanks, Thiggy

Re: Photo Posting Problems

Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:32 pm

open your photo in microsoft paint. On the top toolbar click "open" and choose the picture from the menu. Once the picture is open, click on "image", and choose "strech/skew" from the drop down. You should see a height and width box with percentages in it. Change those to some smaller number ( My camera is 8 MP, so I have to cut the pictures to 50%) and this will compress the data amount below the maximum amount allowed for this site. Good Luck!

Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:41 pm

Once you are in paint save it to 640x480 pixels or there abouts and the pic is usually the right size for uploading.

Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:02 pm

Barnyard wrote:Once you are in paint save it to 640x480 pixels or there abouts and the pic is usually the right size for uploading.

Thanks Coldhopper, and Bill Barnyard. I really needed to print that info and try it myself. I have never been able to upload photos for the same reason.

Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:40 pm

Stanley:

The CBoK and the How To Forum has the articles that will help you with that:

This chapter contains topics relating to picture hosting, resizing, posting and other forum related topics.

On The Forums

As Bill said 640x480 pixels is about the perfect size for most photohosts and it usually renders nice in all browsers.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:30 pm

clodhopper wrote:open your photo in microsoft paint. On the top toolbar click "open" and choose the picture from the menu. Once the picture is open, click on "image", and choose "strech/skew" from the drop down. You should see a height and width box with percentages in it. Change those to some smaller number ( My camera is 8 MP, so I have to cut the pictures to 50%) and this will compress the data amount below the maximum amount allowed for this site. Good Luck!

Or you can just do it the simple way like Barnyard and Rudi said! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: