This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

? On Tablet computers

How do I.... ?
Bezirk
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 22843
Tractors Owned: Farmall Cub 1949, Oliver OC3 crawler 1951, Ford 8 N 1948, Oliver 77 Row Crop 1953, JohnDeere, La, 1941, John Deere 4115/w loader, 2004, John Deere stationary power unit LUC, Farmall M, 1946, Oliver 77 Row crop w/ loader
Circle of Safety: Y

? On Tablet computers

Postby Bezirk » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:39 pm

I am considering the purchase of a Tablet computer and would like input as to users satisfaction of the following.

Nexus 7

Kindle Fire Hd

Nook HD

I know the reputation of the I Pad, however I think it is over priced.

Thanks for your input
Berlin
I started out with nothing and now I only have half of that left !

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

lazyuniondriver
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44134
Tractors Owned: 1949 & 1951 Farmall Cubs

Several Snapper Garden Tractors

Re: ? On Tablet computers

Postby lazyuniondriver » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:28 pm

My wife highly recommends the Kindle Fire. Hers was $199, now $150. She just picked up another for our daughter in high school for Xmas. If you are familiar with the Android cell phone operating system platform, the kindle uses the same system

The Kindle Fire HD is $199 and has more features. I've only messed with it long enough to set the WiFi up, but she has her nose in that thing for h o u r s between charges, which is something I can appreciate in a hand held device.
"HAVE ALL YOUR DELIVERIES MADE BY UNION DRIVERS"

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:31 pm

Berlin:

We have been thinking about tablets as well. So far for me the Kindle Fire HD seems to make the most sense and is affordable. We already have the Kindles and love em, I use mine every day at least a half dozen times. If we do go for a tablet I think it will be the Fire HD.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:29 pm

My SIL has a Kindle Fire and he likes it a lot. I'll be getting my wife a Kindle Fire HD (next generation) for Christmas.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:39 pm

go to Walmart.com, and do a search for double power tablet. I just bought the 9 inch one, and have only had it a couple days, but am pretty happy with it. I am not a computer addict, so it may have some shortcomings others do not like though.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Jack fowler
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Jack fowler » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:21 am

My problem is the Tablet computers' /IPad /smart phones type devices don't have the programs and speed I need to perform my calculations. I extensively use Excel, Word and PowerPoint programs and have no choice but to sit down at a desk with a desktop or in truck with a laptop to do PC calculations.

I do know of a person that carries their external hard drive with them that has all the programs on it. He plugs it into other devices that accepts an USB connection, but I don’t think many of the new type mobile devises have an USB connection.

The other day I was setting with a person trying to make graphs with an IPad and pushed it aside to use my laptop.

If you only need a device only for simple things I think a Tablet computer would be great.

....Hope it's understandable now.....

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”