This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Email problem

How do I.... ?
Bus Driver
10+ Years
10+ Years

Email problem

Postby Bus Driver » Sat May 18, 2013 5:56 pm

Windows Live Mail. Windows 7.
Friends will send me photos and cartoons. I hit FORWARD, clear the previous address history, select my recipient, and hit SEND. Message pops up that one or more of the pictures cannot be found and will not be seen by the recipient-- do I want to continue?
Am I to assume that Microsoft built in some kind of copyright protection/limitations that causes this problem? How can I simply forward messages intact if I wish to do so?

I posted the above to another forum devoted to computers. The answers were not encouraging. What are your comments?
Luck favors those who are prepared

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Re: Email problem

Postby beaconlight » Sun May 19, 2013 4:23 am

I don't know the cause but I have received emails with just a box and no picture.
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun May 19, 2013 10:21 am

I do not know about about MS, but many companies and servers are building in the copyright protection. The data that the image is written in will have a code indicating the image is copyrighted, and they know not to forward it. I am seeing the empty boxes Beaconlight mentioned more and more on forwarded emails I have received. When you run into that the only way I know of is to save the image to your pc, then send it as an attachment to whoever you want to send it to. Many companies servers have software that blocks all images other than those having embedded codes indicating it originated internally within the company even.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

grumpy
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 15522
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby grumpy » Sun May 19, 2013 10:52 am

Good to know. I thought I had friends that didn't know how to forward the pics with the message. They probably think the same of me. :oops:
David Dee Mock-Leonard

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”