This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Task Bar Blocking View.

How do I.... ?
Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Task Bar Blocking View.

Postby Barnyard » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:33 pm

Recently my task bar has started blocking the bottom of any program I have open. If I am working in Excel I can not see the worksheet tab. If I have Office Picture Manager open I can not see the advance arrows at the bottom. Any program I open is like this. The only way to see it is to minimize the program. Any ideas?
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bill V in Md
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 21228
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub
LT1045 Cub Cadet

Re: Task Bar Blocking View.

Postby Bill V in Md » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:24 am

Barnyard,
Try moving your mouse to the top of the taskbar. The mouse cursor should turn into a "two-sided arrow". When it does this, hold down the left button on the mouse and drag the arrow to the bottom of the page to reduce the size of the taskbar. If the mouse cursor does not turn into a "two-sided arrow", the task bar may be locked. To unlock it, move the mouse cursor to a blank section of the taskbar and right click it. If "Lock the Taskbar" is checked, just click it to unlock.
Bill VanHooser
Cub 54 Blade, Cub 193 Moldboard Plow, Cub 28A Disc Harrow
Circle of Safety

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:41 am

Bill V in Md wrote:Barnyard,
Try moving your mouse to the top of the taskbar. The mouse cursor should turn into a "two-sided arrow". When it does this, hold down the left button on the mouse and drag the arrow to the bottom of the page to reduce the size of the taskbar. If the mouse cursor does not turn into a "two-sided arrow", the task bar may be locked. To unlock it, move the mouse cursor to a blank section of the taskbar and right click it. If "Lock the Taskbar" is checked, just click it to unlock.

Thanks Bill but that was one of the first things I had tried. The task bar is the same as it has always been and not locked. I have already going through all the basics and googled the problem. I found a similar question out there but none of those answers have worked.

Something else I just noticed is I can not shut down, restart or put my computer to sleep using the task bar buttons anymore. I have to manually press the on/off switch. No new software has been recently added.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 13830
eBay ID: adak8965

Postby Cecil » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:59 am

Bill check your control panel and the add and remove programs. You can set them up by install date. My guess something go down loaded and needs to be removed.

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:05 am

Cecil wrote:Bill check your control panel and the add and remove programs. You can set them up by install date. My guess something go down loaded and needs to be removed.

Been through that too. Nothing new has been added leading up to the problem. I'm running a full system scan in the background right now to see if anything pops up.

Circle of Safety

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:54 am

Any recent updates to your OS?
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:25 am

Not a computer guru as is obvious by some of my earlier questions, but I have had similar problems in the past, and solved them by doing a restore to a point (date ) before the problem started. The restore will not delete any data, but will take computer back to before any changes were made. Many of those changes are sneaked in with no tracks. If you are not sure how to restore, go to help. It will give instructions for your system.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:09 am

Don McCombs wrote:Any recent updates to your OS?

I found that Java had added an update yesterday.

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:Not a computer guru as is obvious by some of my earlier questions, but I have had similar problems in the past, and solved them by doing a restore to a point (date ) before the problem started. The restore will not delete any data, but will take computer back to before any changes were made. Many of those changes are sneaked in with no tracks. If you are not sure how to restore, go to help. It will give instructions for your system.

John, I just did a system restore prior to when Java was updated. Problem is solved.

Thanks Guys!

Circle of Safety

Ken (48 Cub)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40023
Tractors Owned: 1948 FCub
1957 LoBoy

Postby Ken (48 Cub) » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:25 am

Yep, the new update that Java has pushed out is a major PITA! Website that use Java have stopped working like thay should, etc. Within the Java control console you can now add trusted sites just like in IE. I have had to do this to get this working again for many sites.

If it's not Microsoft it's Sun. Nobody wants to play nicely together anymore :(
Ken, Annie the '48.

I think we gotter if'n she don't jump, Andy Griffith.

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”