This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Prosilver

How do I.... ?
Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Prosilver

Postby Scrivet » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:40 pm

Ok so I switched over to prosilver and am getting used to it. A couple things; when I look at a forum it seems harder to tell what has been responded to (new responses vs ones I have read) as well as what topics I commented on. I can live with both of those just gotta get the eyes used to them. What I haven't figured out is how to go to the new posts in a topic without opening a topic and then clicking "first unread post". I can't find anywhere to set it up like subsilver where I just clicked on the post and it went to the unread comments automatically.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: Prosilver

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:39 am

just above the blue bar where the forums start is a tab marked :view unread posts", and beside it si one marked "view new posts". If that is what you want.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Dennis » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:26 pm

This topic might help some members also: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=79892
Image Proud Member
Are you a member? Copy this code below and paste it in your signature to display it proudly!

Code: Select all

[url=http://nationalihcollectors.com/index.html][img]http://farmallcub.com/images/ihcc.jpg[/img][/url]

Circle of Safety Passed the "Circle of Safety" test? Add your signature badge using

Code: Select all

[cos][/cos]
What is the Circle of Safety

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Scrivet » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:59 pm

Thanks guys! Gettin the hang of it now. Figured out a couple of them but there's more on Dennis' list that I didn't figure out including the one I was looking for
"Go to last unread post in the topic" and what the button looks like.
I just hadn't seen it.

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Barnyard » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:28 pm

Does this help?
unread.JPG
unread.JPG (7.73 KiB) Viewed 1267 times
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Scrivet » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:13 pm

Barnyard wrote:Does this help?
unread.JPG

That's what I was clicking on and I figured there had to be one less click to get to the new posts.
Now, I don't click on the topic in the forum list, but instead click on the little icon just to the left of the topic, and that takes me directly to the first new post in that topic. :{_}: Found that on Dennis' list of icons. Now if I could get in the habit of hitting "return to cub forum(or which ever I'm in)" at the bottom of the page instead of hitting my browser back button..........

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Scrivet » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:05 am

Have been using it now for a while and am getting used to Prosilver. One thing that I have noticed is that in the old one I was using; when replying to a post, if someone else replied while I was typing and then I hit either preview or submit, I would get a message saying "you may want to review your answer since there have been other posts" and show me the other posts. I haven't got that message with Prosilver. I hit preview and no new posts show and hit submit and nothing shows but when the post pops up there is a response or two between my response and the post I was responding to. :?

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”