This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Why can I not use search at this time?

How do I.... ?
Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Why can I not use search at this time?

Postby Scrivet » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:37 pm

I'm getting aggravated at seeing this message practically every time I go to search;

Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

Can someone please tell me what's going on or how to fix it?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: Why can I not use search at this time?

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:41 pm

No, but I have found that if you wait 3 or 4 minutes it works. I see it when I first try to search.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Barnyard » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:45 pm

I found it will give me that message if I click a second time before it gives me my results. But that is normal for it to do that. Can't say what causes you to get the message.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Postby Dennis » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:52 pm

Scrivet wrote:I'm getting aggravated at seeing this message practically every time I go to search;

Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

Can someone please tell me what's going on or how to fix it?

The search delay setting was set to a 30 second delay between searches. The reason for the delay is the database (forum) is quite large and searches (especially multiple people searching at the same time), puts a large load on the server.

Now, I've set the delay to 15 seconds. I will be monitoring the server and if I note excessive loads again, I'll need to move that delay setting higher. (Note: The forum search is restricted to words that are 3 or more letters in length and no more than 8 words.); the Google search box on the header has no restrictions, although Google throws out any single letters such as 'a", "I", etc...
Image Proud Member
Are you a member? Copy this code below and paste it in your signature to display it proudly!

Code: Select all

[url=http://nationalihcollectors.com/index.html][img]http://farmallcub.com/images/ihcc.jpg[/img][/url]

Circle of Safety Passed the "Circle of Safety" test? Add your signature badge using

Code: Select all

[cos][/cos]
What is the Circle of Safety

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:31 pm

when I would click the view your posts button, then put something in the search forum is when I would see it. I guess it considers the View your Posts as a search function also.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Scrivet » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:50 pm

Thanks Dennis, the thirty second delay makes sense. I just didn't know about it. So repetitively trying to do a search just kept resetting my 30 second clock. DOOH! Nice to know about the three letter search also. I thought it was four and always tried a way around "PTO xxxxxxxx" searches trying not to use PTO.

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:55 pm

Jeff, if you need to search a three letter word you can use the wild card. Just type pto* and enter that.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”