This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Open Office

How do I.... ?
Bus Driver
10+ Years
10+ Years

Open Office

Postby Bus Driver » Sun May 24, 2015 6:02 pm

We use the FREE Open Office for our seldom-occurring word processing. Wife is not computer savvy. And I am not very much so. She did a document in Open Office Writer, single spaced, and then realized that it should have been double spaced.
I tried using the Enter to double space but that does not do the job.

Suggestions for double spacing an existing document?
Luck favors those who are prepared

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: Open Office

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun May 24, 2015 9:12 pm

Highlight the part you want double spaced (all in your case), then click the Format button, and select paragraph, then select the indents and spacing tab. In the lower left of the window you will see line spacing. select double, and when you click ok, your entire document should be double spaced.

edit: I forgot one step, after selecting paragraph, click the Indents and spacing tab
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Bus Driver
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: Open Office

Postby Bus Driver » Mon May 25, 2015 6:59 am

Thanks for the help. To test my understanding of the process, I started a new document in WRITER and tested the procedure on it. It worked. Then I demonstrated the process for the BW (obviously meaning Beautiful Wife). Will let her change her own document.
Luck favors those who are prepared

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”