This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

I cant view Pictures

How do I.... ?
Calvin
10+ Years
10+ Years
Tractors Owned: Cub Cadet 86, Cub Cadet 109, Cub Cadet 129, John Deere GT-235, 1948 Farmall Cub

I cant view Pictures

Postby Calvin » Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:46 pm

I used to be on this board years ago and had no problem viewing or posting pics. Just recently (last few days) I re registered and all the pics I see is just a box. Anyone know what I have to turn on or is there something else I have to do to view these. Thanks.
Calvin WV....

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:57 pm

Calvin, what browser are you using?
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Calvin
10+ Years
10+ Years
Tractors Owned: Cub Cadet 86, Cub Cadet 109, Cub Cadet 129, John Deere GT-235, 1948 Farmall Cub

Browser

Postby Calvin » Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:11 pm

Hi BigDog how you been doing my friend. Im using explorer 6.0
Calvin WV....

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:29 pm

Calvin, Click on "tools" in the top menu bar and then select "Internet Options". Click on the "advanced" tab and then scan down to the media options and make sure "show pictures" is checked.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

lildog
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45601
Skype Name: JohnRRatliff

Postby lildog » Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:36 pm

Also, Calvin, have you installed a firewall or new anti-virus software since you were last here?
John "lildog" Ratliff: Facebook | Twitter

Calvin
10+ Years
10+ Years

Pictures

Postby Calvin » Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:12 pm

Hi BigDog and lildog, I already have show all pictures on, and lildog Im running Nortons Antivirus but haven't loaded it lately it's been in here a long time. Thanks.
Calvin WV...

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:11 pm

Calvin.

Make sure you have an uptodate copy of Norton or even better System Mechanic... then make sure it is turned on. You may also need to add a few ancillary programs such as SpyBot, AdAware SE 1.06 and if you are running XP = Microsoft Anti-Spyware Beta. Run all 3... each seems to pick up different bots and such... that will help.

The Antivirus software will pick up any viruses, trojans or other demon-ware that may have infected your computer.

Run them all, ensure that your definitions are uptodate.

Then, I would refresh your browser - delete cookies, delete files, clear history. Then I would also make sure that your temp files are cleaned out. Then reboot.

Now try your browser again...

If that doesn't work, then you may have a corrupt file...

I am no expert, just me 2 cents worth.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Calvin
10+ Years
10+ Years

Pictures

Postby Calvin » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:15 am

Well I did everything you asked me Rudi and did everything all the others asked but still no pictures. Im running 98SE and have up to date Nortons with updates automatically set, I dumped the cash temp files you name it and all I still get is a box with a x in it when I go to a forum on here that someone has a pic. Im on Adelphia.net now and they have all the newest items you need for most anything, I dont have a problem one to view a pic anywhere else other than here. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. Thanks everyone.\
Calvin WV.....

lildog
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45601
Skype Name: JohnRRatliff

Postby lildog » Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:28 am

Calvin,

What exactly can't you see? Can you see the icons and other accent images, such as "Post a Reply," the icons next to the menu options above and the IH logo in the upper right corner?

If you can see those items, but not photos that others post in threads, what's happening is that third-party images are being blocked. This is most likely a function of your firewall or anti-virus, perhaps some type of ad blocker, since IE does not offer this functionality. I'm an Adelphia consumer as well, but I'm not familiar with the security suite (Freedom Internet Security Suite), so I can't really narrow it down further than that.

All I can tell you is to shut down each of those security items, one at a time, and try the board again to determine which one is the culprit.

Another alternative would be to try an alternate browser to see if you have the same problem there. Firefox is a great choice, but I also like the new Netscape 8, which combines IE and Firefox in the same program.
John "lildog" Ratliff: Facebook | Twitter

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Postby Dennis » Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:17 pm

Check your security settings in IE. They should be set to medium.
Image Proud Member
Are you a member? Copy this code below and paste it in your signature to display it proudly!

Code: Select all

[url=http://nationalihcollectors.com/index.html][img]http://farmallcub.com/images/ihcc.jpg[/img][/url]

Circle of Safety Passed the "Circle of Safety" test? Add your signature badge using

Code: Select all

[cos][/cos]
What is the Circle of Safety

Calvin
10+ Years
10+ Years

Pictures

Postby Calvin » Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:58 pm

Hi lildog, Im seeing the avitars so I guess I got it now. Thanks everybody.
Calvin WV...

Calvin
10+ Years
10+ Years

Pictures

Postby Calvin » Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:38 pm

Hi everyone, well still cant view pics dont have a clue why not. The pics Im trying to view are in some of the forums posts like Scotty had 2 pictures of Country Elliotts Cub Cadet, all I see are 2 square boxes. I right click on the box and pick show pictures and nothing. In all the forums if there pictures someone posted all I see are boxes. Oh well guess my puter is ready to sling, Im supposed to be getting a new one next week and am going to be putting XP Pro on it so maybe I'll be able to see pictures again. No problem anywhere on the web viewing pictures except for here. Dont make sense does it.
Calvin WV

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”