This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Dog gone!

Pet Memorial Forum. A place dedicated to those wonderful pets that have served our members faithfully and touched our hearts forever.
Forum rules
Post pictures and stories of your loved and lost pets (Dog's, cats, birds, horses, sheep, goats, etc.).
Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Dog gone!

Postby Bob McCarty » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:14 pm

Those of you who have been to our house couldn't help but to have met our Golden Retriever, Juno. Last month she started limping, and eventually a vet visit diagnosed her with osteosarcoma in her right shoulder. We kept her comfortable for several weeks with meds, but had to say goodbye yesterday. She was a very sweet and loving dog and I will miss her. I know that the loss of a pet pales in comparison to the fights others have had with cancer, heart problems, etc., but it's the big thing in my life today. There will be teary eyes for a while whenever I think of her or something that we would have done together.

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Re: Dog gone!

Postby Bigdog » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:24 pm

Bob - We are sorry to hear of the loss of Juno. We have had many dogs over the years and each loss was significant to us. But so are the good memories. You guys are in our thoughts.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:36 pm

Bob, I'm sorry to hear you lost Juno. Many people don't understand the loss that is felt when some one loses a cherished pet. They are definitely family. A few years back we had to put down one of our dogs. He had wandered in as a stray. The vet said he had been abused so we decided to make him ours and give him a good home. My daughter was eleven then and thought that was the neatest thing since she had always wanted a dog. Old Sarge stayed by our side whenever we were outside, If I was in the garage he was out side the door. If Rosanne was in the garden, he was sunning himself nearby. Living in the country, Melissa had a friend to play with everyday. He always kept us in sight. Finally, after thirteen years with us, arthritis wouldn't let him get up any longer and we knew it was time. A few hours after we had taken him to the vet for his last trip I felt a big void knowing he wasn't out by the shop where I was working and I wondered if I should have put it off a while longer. Later, when I went in the house, Rosanne was sitting at the table staring blankly at the wall. I asked if she was alright and she simply said, "We did the right thing for him"

I truly know how you feel and my heart goes out for you at this time of sorrow.
Last edited by Barnyard on Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe

Postby Bill Hudson » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:45 pm

Bob,

I'm sorry to hear about Juno. Jo and I have a 13 year-old Miniature Schnauzer that we are very near to the end. I was raised on a farm where death was simply a part of the cycle of life and not something to get worked up over. This time it will be different, a lot different, since I have really become attached to what is the best dog we have ever had. My thoughts are with you, my friend.

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

Jeff (Hambone)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 70706

Postby Jeff (Hambone) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:56 pm

Mr.Bob
Sorry for your loss ,Iknow how you feel ,my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family today.though it is sad,it is such a blessing to have the good memories
Hambone

Joe Malinowski
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 01035
eBay ID: jayrod01035
Tractors Owned: 1975 F cub, 1965 F cub, 1949 parts cub,1953 F cub 1942 JD LA, 1988 JD 330 diesel

Postby Joe Malinowski » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:09 pm

So sorry to hear your news Bob, it is a tough loss and you have every right to grieve our pets are part of our families. Sorry for your painful time.
Joe
22 mower 5', grader blade, 189 two way moldboard plow, cultivators ,danco C2 mower,1961 Comet, 1984 BMW 318i

Part of life is falling down, living is getting back up.

ScottyD'sdad
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02769
Tractors Owned: 6"F" cubs
5 lo-boys
1 154
1 184
1 IH444
1 Oliver OC3 crawler
1 AC D10
1 IH 100 manure spreader
1 IH model B corn grinder
3 power units
cub demonstrator

Postby ScottyD'sdad » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:21 pm

Sorry to hear it, Bob. As a person who gets along with animals, better than he does with humans, I certainly understand your grief. We have an old dog whose time is limited, so it will be happening soon, here. Ed
Member of Chapter 18, and National
Circle of Safety

John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL

Postby John(videodoc) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:17 pm

Its always hard to deal with the loss of a pet. And i am sorry for your loss. Be sure to allow yourself time to grieve before you find a new friend.
We did when MaQyver and Shanny died. We are happy now with Quinn.

Expecting Juno to arrive before the 7/4/11. So we plan to have plenty of white puppies pure breds in the next couple of years. :)

But we will go through another loss in the mean time. Maxwell has been struggling recently. We have had to go out and lift him up. His hips are going. He is almost 15 yrs old, and thats a long time for a big dog. Hoping he makes it to warmer weather, hate to have to dig in the dirt this time of year.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:29 pm

Bob:

I understand completely. Many of us who have had to say goodbye to one of our 4 legged members of the family feel grief akin to the loss of a human family member. I know I do and so does Em and the kids. We had to put Spook down back in 03, and even though it is almost 8 years later, I still miss him and when I walk in the shop many a time I hear him padding along behind me. It is so real that I have to stop, turn around just to make sure. I know it sounds weird, but it is what it is. Unfortunately I have not been able to get over Spook's loss and have not been able to bring myself to go looking for another dog to take his place. Now that I have other issues that preclude having pets, the issue is now moot. I guess I will never get over Spook and that is ok by me.

Our condolences to you and Sue and I hope that you can get through the grieving process as easily as possible.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

grumpy
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 15522

Postby grumpy » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:22 am

Sorry for the loss. We have to sit back and remember the good times as I feel it makes the process a little easier.
David Dee Mock-Leonard

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints

danovercash
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28081

Postby danovercash » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:25 pm

Sorry to hear about your treasured pet. I have several that I remember fondly. We now have a 14 yr. old toy Poodle, and I know that the day is growing closer. She still gets around ok, but is overweight (her owner doesn't get enough exercise!). My Wife gave me this book for Christmas, and I highly recomend it to anyone that loves their pets.
http://adogspurpose.com/index.php?optio ... &Itemid=57
"I'd rather be a mechanic in the shop"- Henry Ford

252646 & 221525. 195897 (Gone, but not forgotten)

Return to “Pet Memorial Forum”