This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Saying Good-bye Is Not Easy

Pet Memorial Forum. A place dedicated to those wonderful pets that have served our members faithfully and touched our hearts forever.
Forum rules
Post pictures and stories of your loved and lost pets (Dog's, cats, birds, horses, sheep, goats, etc.).
Dell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49057

Saying Good-bye Is Not Easy

Postby Dell » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:23 pm

SAYING GOODBYE ISN’T EASY

I was thinking the other day about good-byes. It seems we spend a lot of time in our lives saying good-bye, whether it is a temporary “see you later” or a more permanent, “I wish I could hold you one more time”. It also seems the older we get the more frequent are the good-byes. Some of us are better at saying good-bye than others. I am not one of those. I hate saying good-bye in any form.

I recently had to say good-bye to a most remarkable canine friend. She shared 15 years with me, walking along with the tractor on the farm, sleeping in the backseat of the car while I flew around with a flight student or just being in the same space with me, doing nothing. She was never one to cuddle much and only occasionally got playful by running in a tight circle in the field, stirring up a cloud of dust then rolling on the dusty ground. Mostly she lived every moment with quiet dignity. And true to herself, while asleep on her bed at sunset on a warm fall evening, she quietly died.

I still save food bits or the crust of bread for her, until I remember....
Those who choose to have an animal friend will relate more to this than those who do not. But the point is, saying good-bye is tough, no matter the circumstance.

What got me thinking about this uneasy business of saying good-bye was the very colorful fall we had this year and how after many thousands of years Mother Nature has perfected a glorious and beautiful way of saying good-bye to the warm breezes and sunshine of summer, preparing us for the cold and dark days of winter.

During the summer months we hardly notice the leaves warm shades of green. They are just there, part of our busy shirts and shorts activities. Then one day the wind has a chill to it. We notice a few leaves have turned pale and there are some light yellows and whites and reds among them. Then, within a couple weeks, they explode into a beautiful and glorious pallet of brilliant colors that can never be matched. And then, in only a few short days, strong winds blow those colorful leaves to the ground, to their final resting place. And it’s over...just like that. But in those few short days of brilliant color those leaves seemed to say, “It’s ok, we had a wonderful time being here but it’s time to go”. And somehow that farewell show of color softens the harsh reality of time passing, and life changing.

The next time I have to say good-bye I’m going to think about how those leaves celebrate their own passing. I hope it will make it easier for me.
Fare thee well Grace. Godbwye.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Saying Good-bye Is Not Easy

Postby Barnyard » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:36 pm

Dell wrote:Some of us are better at saying good-bye than others. I am not one of those.

Dell, I think you are better at it than you give yourself credit. That was an excellent, although sad, farewell to an old and trusted friend. I have been in the same position and I know how hard it is. I'm sure your friend knew how much you cared.

Sorry for your loss.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066

Postby Stanton » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:20 pm

Saying "good-bye" is very difficult, especially when it's the last one. Saddened to hear of your loss, but hope you keep her memories active and alive for a long, long time.
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL

Postby John(videodoc) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:55 pm

sorry for your loss, we have had two recently ourselves. The last being the hardest i think. As that was our last link to alaska when we were stationed there. But we got two more, both from alaska, though we didnot drive over and get these, unlike the others. These got to fly down here.

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:28 pm

Quite a fitting tribute Dell! I share your loss.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Return to “Pet Memorial Forum”