This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Harvest Moon Light Cub, a Sad End to the Night

Pet Memorial Forum. A place dedicated to those wonderful pets that have served our members faithfully and touched our hearts forever.
Forum rules
Post pictures and stories of your loved and lost pets (Dog's, cats, birds, horses, sheep, goats, etc.).
Steve Woods
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 34705
Circle of Safety: Y

Harvest Moon Light Cub, a Sad End to the Night

Postby Steve Woods » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:56 pm

We have had this very special kitty cat, who was born in this little barn about 11 1/2 years ago, named Squeaky become so very dear to us over the years. I never thought that I could ever love a cat so much but this little guy really grabbed my heart from the very beginning. One of his favorite places to lie in the yard, just barely out of range of view in the above picture, is exactly where he was last night when I was taking the Cub for a few spins around the yard. I could see him clearly in the moon light and the Cub lights in his usual spot and I didn't think much about it except he made no effort to move out of the way even when I circled around fairly close by him. He looked comfortably asleep and I figured he just trusted me and the tractor not to disturb his cat nap in the moon light.

He still hadn't moved this morning when I checked. He was dead! I am heart broken. He must have drifted off about dusk yesterday and never woke back up. We don't know why. He has never been sick and was acting normal and healthy right up until this. I am crying over the sudden unexpected loss of my little tractor cat friend who I thought was enjoying the beautifull moon light with me last night but was, in fact, way beyond the moon.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

CapeCodCubs
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02747
Tractors Owned: .
1948 F Cub Fast hitch
1949 F Cub
1950 F Cub Fast hitch
1965 Loboy Fast hitch
1966 Loboy with 1000 loader
1976 International Cub
several walk behind garden tractors
(20) FastHitch implements
tons' of cultivating and planting stuff
C-16 Cub Middlebuster
(2) A33 Cub bean harvester
NOS Planet Jr. planter
172 planter, large combo hopper, 101A fertilzer hopper
Cole 250# fertilizer hopper with chain drive.

Re: Harvest Moon Light Cub

Postby CapeCodCubs » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:34 pm

I don't chime in much with the new forum...but I check in from time to time. I spent a good amount of time today with my Maine Coon Cat out in the tractor barn and I am sorry your barn pal passed on.
I hope you bury your bud in a nice place and say thank you for having that cat as a friend. RIP, Squeaky! You are missed...

Bill E Bob
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 74070

Re: Harvest Moon Light Cub

Postby Bill E Bob » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:49 am

I can (partly) understand your loss. I am NOT a cat lover, however, my wife is. She brought home this cat who thinks she's a dog. The most laid back friendly cat a cat hater could have :shock: Will miss her when she goes.
R.I.P. Squeaky :(

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: Harvest Moon Light Cub, a Sad End to the Night

Postby Rudi » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:34 pm

Steve:

We lost a lot of our cats - for some reason they just like to prowl and when you live on a highway that can be dangerous. So we haven't had one in many years. I hope you are able to bond with another cat and in time that your sense of loss heals.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:21 pm

So sorry for your loss. People sometimes underestimate the bond that develops between a person and a good cat. Dogs (and I love dogs too) do not have a monopoly on "Mans Best Friend."

I am thankful that Squeaky passed from this world peacefully in one of his favorite places.

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

danovercash
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28081

Postby danovercash » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:39 pm

I feel your pain too. I had to put down "Gilbert" back in May. He came back with a wound from just under is ear about 3 inches down his shoulder. Tissue was already rotting. He's was his own cat, but never saw a friendlier one. Still miss him. Maybe one of the kittens he fathered will show back up here.
"I'd rather be a mechanic in the shop"- Henry Ford

252646 & 221525. 195897 (Gone, but not forgotten)

Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066

Postby Stanton » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:39 am

Sorry to hear the loss of your pal Squeaky.

Our tomcat (Tiger) was also much loved by our family. We'd keep him inside the garage at nights to prevent him from getting into trouble. But whenever the garage door would go up, regardless of time of day, he'd either come in or go out. One day last winter, Robyn and I left to go get some lunch, he came in and jumped up on my truck hood (his favorite place to sleep). By the time we arrived home 2 hours later, he had passed.

I know you'll miss him greatly, but there may be another cat in your future that will steal your affections as well. Hope so.
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

danovercash
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby danovercash » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:18 am

Stanton, your comment reminded me of a cat that shared some time with us years ago. He would sleep on the roof of my old blue truck. He didn't mind if I got in and drove away. When I got to the end of the street , I would put him off. Thought many times about taking him to work with me and let him ride the tractor and watch for mice/rats while I mowed. One day at work a student walked up holding a kitten. After looking at it, discovered it was one from home. Had hitched a ride somewhere on/under my truck! Bet he was glad to get back home!

Steve Woods
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 34705

Postby Steve Woods » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:39 pm

I never was much of a cat lover and I would always chase them off. We had a fiesty little cairn terrier named Timmy who didn't like them either and would always help me chase them off. But one time when Timmy was quite old (17 years) this little skinny, young, half starved, obviously pregnant cat strayed up here that Timmy took a liking to. The second morning here I looked out to see her eating out of Timmy's bowl along side with him! He was sharing his dog food with a cat!!! So I figured we had ourselve's a cat. The kittens were born in the corner of the little barn just on the other side of that wall behind where Squeaky is sitting on the Cub in the above picture. So he is pictured here just 3 or 4 feet from the very spot where he was born. The morning they arrived Timmy pointed them out to me all excited. The barn is open at the bottom about 6" above the ground and he could see them under there and then look back at me tail a waggin'. He didn't make a sound, just looked back and forth from the barn to me until he was sure I understood. With Timmy's seal of approval we kept the Momma Kitty and Squeaky around. I still miss that little dog and the direct connection from him to our Squeaky cat makes it even sadder. They are now buried side by side.
Last edited by Steve Woods on Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:57 pm

I couldn't see the picture at home (slow connection) and so now my heart is broken. Squeaky looks a lot like my buddy Milkshake. First "indoor" animal I have ever had but she is my buddy for sure. We have a bunch of outdoor cats including two of her siblings and her mother. When she was born she was sort of a runt and after a couple weeks her mother pushed her out of the bed. I found her and another sibling that Sunday morning, almost dead. The sibling died before we could get them to the vet, who didn't give us much hope for Milkshake, but she gave her fluids and she began to come around so we brought her home and put her with her brothers and sisters. A few days later we couldn't find her but could hear her crying. Finally found her in the shed where momma cat had hidden her(a story in and of itself) and after that Milkshake became an indoor cat. It was still touch and go for several months, but our vet finally figured her health issues out and she is a fine 3 year old now. I do hope we have her with us for many years to come.

RIP Squeaky
Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

danovercash
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby danovercash » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:44 pm

Stopped by the nursery to ask about some problems with a tree they sold and planted for me. Saw a large cat walking up looking very pregnant. Nursery lady said the cat was not carrying, just heavy and walking with a peculiar gait. Also said cat was hit and injured several years ago. This cat has lived 17 years living beside a 4 lane highway! Btw my son needs to find a forever home for his two house cats. Never been outside except to go to vet. They grew up together and need to stay together. Neutered and box trained.

Return to “Pet Memorial Forum”