This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

4wd KubKar golfcart project

Got a project that you are working on that is not a tractor? Maybe a barn to hold your tractors or just fun stuff like woodworking, glass, tools, sheds, gardens, custom implements, etc., this is the place to talk about it.
Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 43528
Tractors Owned: 47(circle cub),48(Floyd backhoe),49,,51,54 and another 55
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: 4wd KubKar golfcart project

Postby Rick Prentice » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:24 am

No Magic buckets here, just having the experience through all the mistakes I've made, trying to remember the mistakes so they're not repeated, and plenty of dreaming time while sitting in the lazyboy chair. Usually its just winging it slowly one piece in front of the other. Most members on this site have something they're good at, usually from years of not making mistakes over and over again, then trying to perfect what they do. Usually when I'm finished with a project I have a nice pile of extra parts from my mistakes and then use those parts on a future project. I already have parts from this project where I've changed my mind several times. Originally I had plans to build a 3 wheeled cushman type cart to ride around, then that changed to a 3wd cart, then a 3wd 3wheeler, and then I saw this golf cart body and that "clinched the deal". I'm excited to see how the cub engine performs in the cart, being quiet and smooth running. My next hurdle will be adapting that "all wheel steer" axle to the front and figuring out the transfer case setup. One step at a time.

Rick
When I told my dad I've been misplacing things and doing stupid stuff----His reply---"It only gets better"

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

ricky racer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49120

Postby ricky racer » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:35 am

Rick Prentice wrote:No Magic buckets here, just having the experience through all the mistakes I've made, trying to remember the mistakes so they're not repeated, and plenty of dreaming time while sitting in the lazyboy chair. Usually its just winging it slowly one piece in front of the other. Most members on this site have something they're good at, usually from years of not making mistakes over and over again, then trying to perfect what they do. Usually when I'm finished with a project I have a nice pile of extra parts from my mistakes and then use those parts on a future project. I already have parts from this project where I've changed my mind several times. Originally I had plans to build a 3 wheeled cushman type cart to ride around, then that changed to a 3wd cart, then a 3wd 3wheeler, and then I saw this golf cart body and that "clinched the deal". I'm excited to see how the cub engine performs in the cart, being quiet and smooth running. My next hurdle will be adapting that "all wheel steer" axle to the front and figuring out the transfer case setup. One step at a time.

Rick

I'm glad you're doing this and not me! It makes my brain hurt just thinking about it! :lol:
1929 Farmall Regular
1935 John Deere B
1937 John Deere A
1941 John Deere H
1952 John Deere B
1953 Farmall Cub

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:55 pm

I would love to see that in person, but doubt I ever will. Probably a good thing, I would drool all over it.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby Rick Prentice » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:47 pm

I've been looking for a front seat cushion and backrest cushion. A guy posted one on Marketplace and this morning I drove up to Michigan and bought it. The top canopy is nutmeg too so things will match. I also stopped by the golf cart dealer in Sylvania and they donated the rear canopy struts and basket. I just need the front canopy struts and most of the parts are bought. There's plenty of clearance under the seat so I need to get busy cutting and fitting the rear frame, then attack the front axle assembly so that can be fitted to the front framework.

20200320_162314_resize_27.jpg

Rick
When I told my dad I've been misplacing things and doing stupid stuff----His reply---"It only gets better"

Dale Finch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27517
Tractors Owned: '51 Cub #140966 "Bruno" with Woods 59 mower
'55 Cub #187541 "Betty" with Fast Hitch
'55 Cub #190482 "Ben" with Woods 42 mower
'55 Cub #191739 "Bertha" with Woods 42 mower
'56 Cub #194370 "Boris" with Mott Flail mower

Postby Dale Finch » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:17 pm

I could be wrong, but it looks like your bottom seat cushion is backwards... :?
Dale Finch
Circle of Safety

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby Rick Prentice » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:07 am

Dale, I thought the same thing when I first set it in place, but the sides are tapered and it doesn't fit right the wrong way. The back is more narrow than the front. Do a youtube search for Club Car Precedent front seat and you'll see some videos that show mine's correct.
Here's a quick pic I borrowed doing a search.

Rick

Dale Finch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27517
Tractors Owned: '51 Cub #140966 "Bruno" with Woods 59 mower
'55 Cub #187541 "Betty" with Fast Hitch
'55 Cub #190482 "Ben" with Woods 42 mower
'55 Cub #191739 "Bertha" with Woods 42 mower
'56 Cub #194370 "Boris" with Mott Flail mower

Postby Dale Finch » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:59 am

Guess that DOES make sense, since the butts are toward the back, with the level legs in front!!
Dale Finch
Circle of Safety

Return to “Projects Forum”