This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

New Home for my Cubs

Got a project that you are working on that is not a tractor? Maybe a barn to hold your tractors or just fun stuff like woodworking, glass, tools, sheds, gardens, custom implements, etc., this is the place to talk about it.
SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Postby SONNY » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:42 pm

Rudi!!--Hey,--keep all that bad weather up there!--ok?-lol!--we have cold and wind/some rain/ice/flurries, etc. but nothing deep yet! --just got the new re-vised plant zone map and they have changed the zones!---gotta love these people!

Wind-farm people are trying to get the last few turbines up before it get's really bad here! thanks; sonny

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

JimT
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 38482
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub-Buttercub
582 Cub Cadet-Brutus
109 Cub Cadet-Bee-atrice
129 Cub Cadet-Artie

Postby JimT » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:45 pm

Sonny,

That's on heck of an avatar you got there.
JimT

If you can't find it, don't lose it.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:29 pm

I just love winter.. so many contrasts, especially the weather..

Remember those Adirondack chairs from this morning.. well that is what they looked like at 4pm just before my nephew got here with the Ram..

Talk about tones....

At 5pm we are still holed up with no exit to the street yet. Frankie is on his way over, but is still stuck at Dad's doing that driveway. This stuff looks nice, but it is heavy too. Seems there is some rain mixed in with this stuff and it would be impossible for Ellie to move it at this point.

The Ram had difficulty and it has 4wd.. and a 318cid mill.
Last edited by Rudi on Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Mark In Richmond
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 23069

Postby Mark In Richmond » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:01 pm

What's all that white stuff on your deck????

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:05 pm

Mark In Richmond wrote:What's all that white stuff on your deck????

Marshmallow :big say what: .. we wanna make smores :big give up:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Mark In Richmond
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 23069

Postby Mark In Richmond » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:38 pm

I'm not kidding when I tell you this: If if snowed like that here, everthing would be closed for a week. That's no lie. I have seen school cancelled based on just a forcast of snow. Trying to get a gallon of milk in Richmond when snow is forcasted...NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

JimT
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 38482
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub-Buttercub
582 Cub Cadet-Brutus
109 Cub Cadet-Bee-atrice
129 Cub Cadet-Artie

Postby JimT » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:44 pm

Mark In Richmond wrote:I'm not kidding when I tell you this: If if snowed like that here, everthing would be closed for a week. That's no lie. I have seen school cancelled based on just a forcast of snow. Trying to get a gallon of milk in Richmond when snow is forcasted...NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

If it snowed like that here you wouldn't go any where till it melted. They don't have the equipment down here to deal with it. Ya don't even see a pickup with a plow on it.
JimT

If you can't find it, don't lose it.

1835wayne
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 1835wayne » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:20 pm

Rudi, Just read the entire thread.

Looks like you have a heck of a nice new shop going!

Giving me some ideas for the spring..............

As for down South and snow, I was stationed in NC when I was in th Marines and got pulled over by a VERY nervous State Trooper. My crime??

Driving in about 2 inches of snow on the highway in my 4wd Jeep!! I told him where I was from and he let me go with a warning. He kinda looked like he was gonna ask me to drive for him!
"Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more." (Mark Twain)

"The place where optimism most flourishes is the lunatic asylum ." Havelock Ellis 1859-1939

pete1941
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby pete1941 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:32 am

Hey Rudi, nice pics but looks awful cold to me being a mid state Ga boy. What's the thingy ma giggey on the post by the deck going to your radio antenna tower? Looks kinda like a Yankee clothesline that I have seen in our area. Pete

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:25 am

Pete:

Yup, that is exactly what it is. It is a 200 foot clothes line. Em llikes to hang her laundry in the summer..

Wayne:

Did the same kind of thing in Vancouver back in the early 70's ... everyone thought we were nuts. Van got shut down tighter than a drum. ALl tey got awas about 2 inches, rain would have taken care of tat in a day or two.

It also blows Em and I away... a little bit of snow and all of the people from away here slow down and cause massive traffic jams. These people gotta learn how to drive. It does take a lot of skill to drve at highway speeds in snow and ice... but that is normal -- well for us snow belt types that is... :big smile:

Hengy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15101
eBay ID: lacrosseorgans
Skype Name: Mike.Hengelsberg
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Merlin"
1955 Cub "Lewis"
Cub Trailer
A-60 Blade
Cub-22 Mower
193 Plow

Postby Hengy » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:57 am

Rudi wrote:Pete:

Yup, that is exactly what it is. It is a 200 foot clothes line. Em llikes to hang her laundry in the summer..

Hanging clothes in the SUMMER... you gots to try freeze drying your sheets in the winter, my friend. The is NOTHING like the smeel and feel of sheets that have been hung out to dry in the cold. It brings back memories of grandma's place when I was a kid. The sheets are a little stiff by the time it dries, but boy oh boy do they smell great.

Warm them up in the house first before going to sleep on them!!

Mike in La Crosse, WI
Mike (Happy as a Lark in Allison Park, PA)
Image Image

Check out my Restoration Thread (1955 Cub, Lewis)

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:13 pm

Mike:

Now that is funny.... :big smile:

I remember when I grew up. We never had a clothes dryer until I was about 13 or 14. Mom put all of our clothes on the line. Jeans.. flat and stiff like a board. Shorts... same thing.. along with everything else, they had to be warmed up before you could wear em or put em in the drawer. But yup they smelled real good.

Same at Gram and Gramps house. They had a wood stove in the kitchen for heat. When the clothes warmed up they was toasty and had a great smell as well.

Ironhorse
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Ironhorse » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:37 am

We had about 3 inches of snow in North Florida on Christmas Eve in '89 and the city shut down because all the bridges were iced over and they didn't even have sand to spread on it much less salt... :roll: People didn't know how to drive in it so the auto body shops were busy for months repairing all the dented and wrecked vehicles.

Rudi, that's some beautiful country up there my friend...absolutely gorgeous... :wink:
1968 Cub LoBoy w/Woods C-42 Mower
1959 Cub LoBoy w/Danco C-2 Mower
1949 F-Cub/Wagner Loader

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:33 am

Ironhorse wrote: . . . and the city shut down because all the bridges were iced over and they didn't even have sand . . .

They couldn't find sand in Florida?

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:32 pm

I guess you all have figured out that I have been kind of busy seeing as I have not been on the forum a lot this week. Trying to get the Pole Barn/Shop Repair project at a point where I can leave the balance until the spring.

More pics will be coming as soon as I get a few minutes to take a few more pics. Hopefully today.

Got Ellie finally started, and moved into the new barn... still have to dig out the JD and my Cub-54 blade and a few other items that need to be in the barn. Some of it is buried by almost 2 feet of snow. :shock:

Alde and I have been busy all week and yesterday we got some help from Roger and Merv. Out of the 960 square feet of sheathing that the new roof requires, we have managed to get 930 +/- square feet of sheathing up and all of the truss extensions and support legs built. The roof is almost 99% done. The East Gable is 75% complete and we have the West Gable to build yet. It is tarped though, so it should help to keep the coming snow storm out of the barn.

Right now, Em and I are making Banana Pecan Jam, so it may be awhile before I get the pics....

Sure have been having fun, even though it has been cold as can be. Yesterday was a good day cause it was only about -5C for most of the day and the sun was out for about 4 hours. :big smile:

Return to “Projects Forum”